DSS 26, should I enter?

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited May 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took this Monday and posted it in the people forum with some great feedback (thanks again guys). I am wondering if it qualifies for "modify the light." I technically did "modify the light" by cutting a hole in a plastic cup and sticking it over my flash. I took my baby girl into the bathroom, turned off the lights and shot away. My question is does it qualify or does it look too much like a studio setup? the theme is sort of vague, so once again I turn to the great people of Dgrin. What do you think? I have never entered one before. Now is as good of a time as any I guess!

540440758_5Bdbo-M.jpg

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    Oh Dear
    That is one adorable child... she is very photogenic.. I immediately fell in love with your photo of her on the "unexpected" board, the one with the wind blowing and her holding the bunny, and that is awesome the way you got the bunnies ears blowing in the wind with her hair....
    Your shooting skills shine in that one and you should consider photographing kids more often..thumb.gif

Absolutely.. this qualifies, not to mention it is a contender... you followed the rules and modified the light with your technique and bent it to your will and creatively I might say too...

love her pose.. in this one; and the light.. what an angel..rolleyes1.gif

good luck..

Kat
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    Go for it! thumb.gifthumb
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    Ok I'll do it!

Thanks so much for the kind words, Kat! I love my test subject, but would definately like to branch out and photograph other kids! I just bought my first dslr in Feb on a whim and fell in love with photography. (i've already upgraded my camera :D ) I am hoping to do it on the side within the next few months but I'm just really nervous about making the "leap." I've learned a lot and think I could do it, but I want to be a little more comfortable with my camera first.

The bunny photo has to be my favorite photo so far. I took about 250 photos that day and I had that originally in the discard pile, but for some reason decided to play with it to see what I could come up with. You know one thing i've learned through all this is that sometimes the best photos are not always the one you were trying for!
    edited May 21, 2009
    Yw
    Your welcome.. and absolutely.. I agree with what you said on the good photos..

I am in the same boat as you are and am working at doing this full time..

Good fortune to you in your endeavor..

look forward to seeing you around the DG...

Kat
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    You entered your photo in the gallery, but you didnt put your dgrin name or the title of the photo....it will be disqualified if you dont update it.
    edited May 22, 2009
    uh oh
    yep,, Brandon is right, ya need to go label that with your username - title

Thanks Brandon for noticing that, aren't these guys great...? so helpful....:D

Kat
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Oh shoot! Thanks guys, didn't realize that!