Fort Sewell

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited May 21, 2009 in Landscapes
Planning to submit this for judging at our city's annual Art Walk. Would greatly appreciate your thoughts before ordering the print. The original showed a fair amount of pink in the sky that I think was from the color of the branches. I sent it to CS4 from LR and masked out the red doors and handrail then desaturated the rest by about 50%. Greatly appreciate any and all comments/critiques.
Thanks,
E

541609580_MVYLY-L.jpg

ps - Posted (with permission) after having posted in the Whipping Post without comment. Need to move ahead with the print and submit by May 30th so posting here in the interest of time. Thanks!

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    The only nits I have with this, E, are

1) The bottom gives the appearance of being cut off. In other words, the crop on the bottom is too close to the doors. Do you have more of the photo to work with on the bottom?

2) The doors being too close to the bottom edge affects the symmetry of the whole. The tree in the center doesn't help either.

The image as a whole is quite good. I like it. But it would be significantly better if you had some extra to work with on the bottom.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    Thanks Jeff
    Unfortunately, I introduced about a 1-2 degree tilt on this and had not yet bought my 10-22 lens at the time. That being said, there is not more floor to work with. I'm thinking that with a 2-3 inch white mat, that may give the illusion of more foreground.
    Thanks again,
    E