practicing portraits...

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited June 12, 2005 in People
trying NOT to glamourize (sooo hard not to)

24649084-M.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    here we go, undiluted dear, just like a bottle of hooch lol3.gif

her pose seems to be somewhat unnatural to me. i love the angle pose in general, but here your model doesn't seem happy about it. i think she's leaning a bit much forward, maybe that's it...what's the bg? those light blue stripes detract for me. i find myself wanting more definition of the facial features, which you'd accomplish with some lighting changes. her eyes are lovely lynnie - i hope you can shoot her again!

thanks for posting and i hope you'll give us more portraits.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    andy wrote:
    here we go, undiluted dear, just like a bottle of hooch lol3.gif

her pose seems to be somewhat unnatural to me. i love the angle pose in general, but here your model doesn't seem happy about it. i think she's leaning a bit much forward, maybe that's it...what's the bg? those light blue stripes detract for me. i find myself wanting more definition of the facial features, which you'd accomplish with some lighting changes. her eyes are lovely lynnie - i hope you can shoot her again!

thanks for posting and i hope you'll give us more portraits.
    thankyou dear sir.. just what I needed and can see exactly what you mean.. the bg is my fleece blanket that I wrap round my toosies in the winter.. and yes.. she's the only friend I have that will sit for me..
    glad you are enjoying your fishin... wish I was there instead of here in this heat..:D
  • LinenLinen Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    She is beautiful! I agree that she looks a little uncomfortable and the focus seems to be on her neck and shirt. Great color!