Poor man's macro: Aphid and jumper

jaxjax Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited May 23, 2009 in Holy Macro
Here's a few more shots I took in my garden yesterday.

Saw this little bugger taking a rest on a plant which is getting more and more infested with aphids. I suspect this is a woolly aphid as well. A woolly aphid after it has been sheared :-)

3549660458_136aa2fe01_o.jpg

Turns out I have another big jumper living on the other side of the garden. Caught her eating a fly again, but by the time I came back to take a picture I was only just in time to see her finish up and drop the empty shell.. Ah well.. she then went for a game of hide and seek before I could snap a few shots .. :-)

3549693856_db69e49a1d_o.jpg

Have a good weekend everyone!

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    Lovely captures :)
    Have a good weekend too
    Brian v.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    jax wrote:
    Here's a few more shots I took in my garden yesterday.

Saw this little bugger taking a rest on a plant which is getting more and more infested with aphids. I suspect this is a woolly aphid as well. A woolly aphid after it has been sheared :-)

Turns out I have another big jumper living on the other side of the garden. Caught her eating a fly again, but by the time I came back to take a picture I was only just in time to see her finish up and drop the empty shell.. Ah well.. she then went for a game of hide and seek before I could snap a few shots .. :-)

Have a good weekend everyone!

Maybe you should introduce the Jumping Spider to the Aphids rolleyes1.gif
    Both are great shots thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin