Eastern Washington Palouse

AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited May 23, 2009 in Landscapes
Called on my accounts in Eastern Washington this week so detour and long route to and from thru the Palouse. Really disappointed overall in the condition of the Palouse looks like at least 45 more days until the grain is looking good.

Feedback, Suggestions, comments appreciated
Thanks for looking
Ray Still

coveredbridge2.jpg

colfaxriver1.jpg

palousebarn1.jpg

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    These all HDR's??

#1- I really like what is going on in this shot with the light, bridge, and river. The composition is good but it needs some contrast and saturation adjustments to give it some more 'pop'.

#2- Again- like the river and the colors in the foreground grass. I think this was composed a little too high. I think less sky and more of the river in the foreground would have given this is much more dynamic feel.

#3- Seems a little too stretched out to me. I would like to see this in a b&w though. deal.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    Really like these, Ray. thumb.gif

#1: Really wish there was more at the top of the frame (up to the sky?). The middle part has great lines & the bridge is a great find.

#2: My favorite. The sweeping lines of the stream and the green grass of the point are awesome. Of course, the sunlight blows out the sky. Definately would be worth going back to this vantage for later sunset light or perhaps sunrise.

#3: interesting subject but perhaps too tight a crop? Something is odd about the sky- a ND grad filter?
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Did I see that barn on highway 26 just west of Colfax? Looks familiar anyway!

My favorite is the second, though I agree with Aaron that showing more of the river at the bottom would improve the composition.

I'm in the Palouse right now, it looks pretty awesome to me, but this is the first time I've been here, so I don't know any better. Ignorance is bliss :D

Is that the same river in #1 and #2? What river? I'm going to have a lot of time to kill between sunrise and sunset and need some places to check out :D
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Nice looking shots. That's an area of the US I haven't been to.

I like the comp and lighting of the first shot. I'll have to agree with Aaron and Ron on the river shot. I think showing more of the river would add to the shot.