DSS #26 Ideas

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited May 22, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, here's what I been working on. C&C welcome.

Idea #1

"Are Gee Bee"
542896419_9JNQw-L.jpg

#2 (not quite as polished yet)

"Cupful of Sunshine."
542900554_XtLyL-L.jpg

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    And a little more glowy variation of #1
    542681401_Vhucb-L.jpg
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    Hey Mark
    These are neat...clap.gif I am liking the first one... the sunshine cup has potential, just not sure if your done with it?

the second variation of the other one: I don't like the crop, but perhaps you did not finesse that yet, you were only giving us a quick view of the illumination? and the crop will come later? either way, I am liking the first, perhaps you have more light variations coming kind of like the second one?

all good Mark... #1 best so far.. is it nice,, in my opinion...

One suggestion, just for experiments sake, it may or may not pan out, but try giving us another angle or view, maybe shoot some shots from an angle that we would normally not view them at if we were standing there..? maybe line them up diagonally and squat down when you shoot too and close us in a little? I dunno,, worth a try maybe....rolleyes1.gif

fun fun.. lets see whatcha got..thumb.gif

Kat
    edited May 22, 2009
    Thanks Kat.

Yes, these are works in progress. Trying to get the lighting right and bad reflections out. The sunshine cup was initially designed just to test lighting, but I kind of liked it anyway. Not sure if it says "sunshine" as much as I'd like, tho ...
    I am very limited on camera angles do to the size of the stage I am working with, and different arrangements take a lot of planning, but I do have some ideas ... mwink.gif
    edited May 22, 2009
    Yw
    Well I am sure you will nail it.. your ahead of me, I have not even started yet.. going to take advantage of the husband being home this weekend to cover the kids and hopefully I can get some time to shoot then... will try to post this weekend..

Those are some neat vessels.. curious,, are they colored or are you using different colored lights to color them? just curious...

the light is nice. I am leaning toward shadows for mine, if I get get the illumination I want for the one I have planned.. but I am working at using bio light on mine if I can pull it off.. If I can't, then the shadow plan B goes into effect.....rolleyes1.gif

That sunshine cup isn't bad at all if you work with it.. I think it is the crop that is making it look a little odd at the moment at this stage... it looks like your using oil in that one, tea? intriguing..:ivar

good luck and look forward to seeing what you get here.. they are all interesting.

Kat
    edited May 22, 2009
    Well I am sure you will nail it.. your ahead of me, I have not even started yet.. going to take advantage of the husband being home this weekend to cover the kids and hopefully I can get some time to shoot then... will try to post this weekend..

Those are some neat vessels.. curious,, are they colored or are you using different colored lights to color them? just curious...

the light is nice. I am leaning toward shadows for mine, if I get get the illumination I want for the one I have planned.. but I am working at using bio light on mine if I can pull it off.. If I can't, then the shadow plan B goes into effect.....rolleyes1.gif

That sunshine cup isn't bad at all if you work with it.. I think it is the crop that is making it look a little odd at the moment at this stage... it looks like your using oil in that one, tea? intriguing..:ivar

good luck and look forward to seeing what you get here.. they are all interesting.

Kat

Kat,

Food coloring and water. :D If I can get something I'm satisfied with, maybe I'll post a "howididit".
    edited May 22, 2009
    oh
    ok.. I wasn't sure.. at first I thought that, but then when I looked at the cup, I saw the darker yellow gradient and thought, well maybe it is corn oil or something... cool... good luck..thumb.gif

Kat