DSS#26 idea

whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited May 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Dgrin challenges have always amazed me...both the creativity and technical skills you guys possess - wow! :bow I've lurked for a while, this is the first challenge I've considered taking part in. Your thoughts please, as this is 1 of 2 ideas I've had in mind.

The title would be something like: "150 lb CO2 per year modification"

543134502_FVtPo-L.jpg
- Christopher
My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    An interesting take on the theme! thumb.gif

Have you considered trying it with the light on? Might add more visual interest.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    I think that you have an entertaining take on the theme, and that it has a lot of promise, especially with that wonderful curved bulb.

I do agree with Mark that you need to do something to add a wow factor to the photograph. As it is, I fear that it is too static - literal, if that makes any sense - to be a strong competitor (not that I am that good a judge of what will do well in the challenges Laughing.gif so take my thoughts with a huge grain of salt). You might try creative use of color, an unusual angle, a background giving the photo a surprising context (light in the forest?).

Good luck!!

Virginia

Email
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    Thanks Mark and Gina -

I agree 200% - too static, not enough visual interest. Let me see what I can think up.headscratch.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Thanks Mark and Gina -

I agree 200% - too static, not enough visual interest. Let me see what I can think up.headscratch.gif

I can't wait!! :lurk

Virginia

Email
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    Hmmmm
    This is a very funny pun on the theme.. I am not sure, but I think the theme will be judged more on your skill to bend or manipulate actual light, not objects.. this is just my two cents..

this can still work if you do something interesting to the set up, like with "light" to make it more visually appealing.. and to show off your light skills...

its a great idea and the foundation is good.... ultimately you gotta go with your gut and enter whatever you choose, but just my friendly advice.. so I agree with Mark and Gina.. do something else to it to give it some visual impact..

Awesome idea... very, ummm... analytical...thumb.gif
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    I don't know Kat, all it says is modify. Sure looks like it is being modified to me. But that is what is interesting, how many different interpretations of a couple of words there can be.
    As far as the photo, I would work the background but other than that I think it is a fabulous idea! (JMHO)
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Perhaps
    Yeah, you may be correct there.. I don't know for sure... Just bringing it up just in case... Personally, I love it when someone shoots outside of the box...

Have fun with it... and enter on your own gut and instincts, all we are here to do is ramble our ideas and opinions at ya, and oh boy, ya know what they say about opinions...everyone's got one.....!!! lol:ivar

As I said before it is a nice shot...thumb.gif

Best of luck and hopefully others will chime in here on this too...thumb.gif

Kat