Boats

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited May 23, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Took this at my usual place. I havn't taken many photos lately, this was my first HDR since last year really. Went to take some sunsets (which i posted at the bottom, but theres too much motion blur/etc..)... anyway its a lil dull cause i didnt go nuts on the colors. Went for a more "oldish" look...

3543906775_94e6428b8d_b.jpg

And the sunset one, you can see how the blur on the boats makes the image lose something. I was going for the sunset mainly and this is what happens when its windy:

3543848161_01e641be03_b.jpg

Comments

• Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Vycor, Nice I like the first and second shots.

I really love the first shot, It looks like one those pictures you frame and then sell at an antique shop.
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Yeah i like it, but not as much as I had hoped. (here i am critiquing my own shot, but i just started shooting again).

Its got a lot going on with the background that KINDA takes your focus off the boats. Other then that, i went for that kinda "old" look like i said, antique is a good defintion.

I think it needs a little more copper toning though

Thanks on 2nd. I took raw images on everything before combining them for HDR so i can play with the sunset one to maybe make it look better.

Its a nice spot to view sunsets but its tricky to shoot because the boats move and there are a lot of boats that take your focus off the sunset.