happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
edited May 23, 2009 in People
So, this is my first venture into RAW.

I am less than pleased with myself.

IMG_3284asSmartObject-1.jpg?t=1243051172

Comments

• dreamcometruedreamcometrue Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    It is a cute shot. iloveyou.gif I like how her small size is emphasized by the position in the shot. She just looks a little green to me.
    Artistic Design Photography LLC
    http://www.adesignphotography.com
  • blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Love the shot like the crop but the baby is green I took this picture selectively removed some cyan and added some blue not sure but I think the skin color a little better ?

543564746_Hztjt-XL.jpg
    5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
    EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6
  • jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    I like the crop, too. The baby looks much better with blaser's adjustment, but it's unfortunate that now that vibrant green in the background seems to have been lost. Is there a way to keep that green, as well as the baby's natural skintone?
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Keep shooting RAW and don't get discouraged. It's simply a matter of learning a work flow. You'll find that there's more control over your final image when shooting RAW rather than having the camera settings burning it in Jpeg...and when it comes to correcting color issues, life is much simpler. There are tons of tutorials out there for skin tones as well as layer's/masks.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    I think I like this one better..

IMG_3284c.jpg?t=1243088632

I ended up using a combo of photoshop and paint shop pro for this one. But I think she still looks off
  • Mlark1128Mlark1128 Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    OK, I had a play too. mwink.gif First I rotated to straighten the horizon, then I removed lots (lots!) of yellow, green, and even a touch of cyan. Inverted the layers (selective color and color balance) and masked baby back in. Adorable shot!

ETA: Also did a slight boost in curves. :)

3556689149_6c0eee3d83.jpg
    Meagan
    Nikon D90|17-55 f/2.8|50mm f/1.4G
    CC always welcome and appreciated!
  • happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Mlark1128 wrote:
    OK, I had a play too. mwink.gif First I rotated to straighten the horizon, then I removed lots (lots!) of yellow, green, and even a touch of cyan. Inverted the layers (selective color and color balance) and masked baby back in. Adorable shot!

ETA: Also did a slight boost in curves. :)

3556689149_6c0eee3d83.jpg

Would you believe that I never noticed it was crooked until you did that:laugh: I guess because I was so focused on the color, the tilt didn't even register....