My first car college [ C&C Please )

Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
edited May 23, 2009 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    I really like the warm feel of your BW conversion....works well for these shots IMO. I really like the white frames. Excellent font choice.

For the collage, I'm not a huge fan of the layout as it is right now. I don't think the collage is displaying properly on DGrin because two of the photos are overlapping. I think you could tweak it a bit.

I think the large photo would be better suited on the bottom of the collage - a little too top heavy right now. ne_nau.gif

I would make certain that your border measurements are spot on - the top image isn't exactly centered, as there is more black on the right than the left.

Nice work, even better with a little tweaking.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Thank you whiterice, It's my first attempt at one these things, By the way the overlapping photo's are meant to be overlapped, but I can tweak it more.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Wow nice work. I like the PP conversion. I got my drivers license in 1958. I desperately wanted a 49-50 Mercury but ended up with a 1950 Oldsmobile hand me down :cry Nosed, decked, and frenched headlights that was big in the fifties.

I was drooling so much over the car that I didn't notice (or read) whiterice's comments. But now that I have, I agree. Also the fact that tere are frames on only two of the bottom images doesn't work. Maybe put the square image between the two vertical ones and lose the white frames on those, separating the three with black space.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited May 23, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    Thank you whiterice, It's my first attempt at one these things, By the way the overlapping photo's are meant to be overlapped, but I can tweak it more.

That's what I thought! thumb.gif

I've done a few portrait collages of my boy....darn collages can be so maddening to arrange and measure.umph.gif

A tip, if you're using PS, display the gridlines while you're working.....makes layout and measurements easier to judge.
    - Christopher
    edited May 23, 2009
    Thank you Jack, Yeah the 49 merc also makes me shed a tear every time I see it's Beauty.

The whole reason I'm going to college is to get my all time fav Muscle Car, A deuce coup or a Rat rod, which ever one going to come first.
    edited May 23, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    That's what I thought! thumb.gif

I've done a few portrait collages of my boy....darn collages can be so maddening to arrange and measure.umph.gif

A tip, if you're using PS, display the gridlines while you're working.....makes layout and measurements easier to judge.
    Whiteerice, Thanks I actually used photoshop for the digital push technique, And I did the college with picas 3, It's a really nice program from google.
    edited May 23, 2009
    Chile Chef wrote:
    Whiteerice, Thanks I actually used photoshop for the digital push technique, And I did the college with picas 3, It's a really nice program from google.

Have not heard of it....will investigate. If it's google, it's gotta be good!
    - Christopher
    edited May 23, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Have not heard of it....will investigate. If it's google, it's gotta be good!
    Actually it's here on dgrin in the tutorial section.

You will see it. but you got to use dpp + adobe photoshop for the effect.