Oh those eyes

FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
edited May 24, 2009 in People
I am still working on basically everything, but I think maybe I'd better take baby steps, and do it one thing at a time. I find when I try to correct more than one thing at a time I make critical mistakes in my photos.

This one I took today while we were enjoying lunch on the deck. I have to get the cup out of the picture and edit out the food he got on the back of the highchair, but what I'm looking for, is your C&C on his eyes. The thing I look at most in any photo of people are their eyes. While I'll never compare to Yuri and his amazing work with eyes, I'd like to at least, get a thumbs up :thumb knowing I'm showing improvement

544201684_Z7Rhe-L.jpg
~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
my real job
looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    First rule with eyes....make them believable. Notice the cyan cast in the whites of the eyes. Also, they are overly bright which is out of balance with the rest of the photo. Overall exposure is a tad too bright, washing out the dynamics. Back the exposure level back a bit and use layer/masks to bring back what is necessary. Photgraphy is about light but it's also about where the light isn't, if that makes sense...in this case, not as much. Hope I've explained it..brain's tired tonight.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Thanks Swartzy. My PS skills were in the dump tonight!!! I could not get white of eyes even close. I didn't touch the color of his eyes. The rest of the photo is very washed out, gonna play with it more when my brain is less foggy!
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • super starsuper star Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2009
    Flutist wrote:
    Thanks Swartzy. My PS skills were in the dump tonight!!! I could not get white of eyes even close. I didn't touch the color of his eyes. The rest of the photo is very washed out, gonna play with it more when my brain is less foggy!

Huh..Amazing eyes.. wonderfully captured...well done.clap.gif
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2009
    Hey thanks very much Super Star!!
    ~Shannon~

my real job