Options

Digital to slides anyone?

thebuschthebusch Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited June 12, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
I need to convert about 40-50 digital shots to 35mm slides; anyone have a good idea of how or where to do it. I do not have a film SLR (sold the Nikon gear, DUMB)!

Thanks.....
Busch

Take the scenic route. Life is too short to do otherwise.

Comments

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    thebusch wrote:
    I need to convert about 40-50 digital shots to 35mm slides; anyone have a good idea of how or where to do it. I do not have a film SLR (sold the Nikon gear, DUMB)!

In the larger cities, there are (a diminishing number of) slide service bureaus who can output Photoshop files to slide film. They should have resolution and file format guidelines for their film recorders. The one I used to use charged about several dollars a slide (!) before they went out of business.

That is for highest quality. There are some home methods but I don't know them.

Found this link on Google. I haven't used them but the page info is typical of slide output services.
    http://www.ezslides.com/35prices.htm
    If you're not in a hurry you can shop around the Web for a service anywhere in the country. Upload via Internet and wait for the slides in the mail.
  • Options
    thebuschthebusch Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    Thanks Colourbox
    That is at least a starting point although I am in Germany. I checked over here and they wanted at least $17 per slide which was a little over my pain threshold!
    Busch

Take the scenic route. Life is too short to do otherwise.