Options

Looking for Adobe Photoshop CS2 Suite

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
edited May 30, 2009 in Finishing School
Hello all!

Long story short... I got a new computer but my CD of the CS2 Suite is currently inaccessible. I've got my serial number (stored in my account at Adobe.com) but don't have the software to install. Can anyone point me to a trial version download of the CS2 suite? I can use that with my serial number to activate it. Adobe doesn't have it on their site anymore and I can't afford the latest version (even at the upgrade price).

P.S. I'm on Windows....
Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited May 25, 2009
    BeachBill wrote:
    Hello all!

Long story short... I got a new computer but my CD of the CS2 Suite is currently inaccessible. I've got my serial number (stored in my account at Adobe.com) but don't have the software to install. Can anyone point me to a trial version download of the CS2 suite? I can use that with my serial number to activate it. Adobe doesn't have it on their site anymore and I can't afford the latest version (even at the upgrade price).

P.S. I'm on Windows....

You might try the Wayback Machine. Give it Adobe's downloads page and pick a date when CS2 was current. You might get lucky. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    You might try the Wayback Machine. Give it Adobe's downloads page and pick a date when CS2 was current. You might get lucky. ne_nau.gif

Great idea. The page listing it as a download it there, but I can't get past a form that must be submitted before getting the download link. Adobe has probably removed the download from there servers. However, I will dig a bit more.

If anyone downloaded the trial in the past (probably in 2006) and you've still got it laying around on a disk, please let me know!
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2009
    After further research it appears that Adobe only produced a trial version DVD of the Adobe Photoshop CS2 Creative Suite that you could request be mailed to you. I'm going to ask in the Flea Market to see if anyone has one of those old trial DVDs lying around that they would be willing to send to me.

If anyone has any other ideas on the subject, please let me know. Thanks!
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    BeachBill wrote:
    After further research it appears that Adobe only produced a trial version DVD of the Adobe Photoshop CS2 Creative Suite that you could request be mailed to you. I'm going to ask in the Flea Market to see if anyone has one of those old trial DVDs lying around that they would be willing to send to me.

If anyone has any other ideas on the subject, please let me know. Thanks!

An idea but no knowledge as I am still using PhotoShop 6. How did you get the copy on your old computer? Would there by chance be a download on the old computer that could be copied to disk and that disk used to install on the new one? I remember reading that you would have to deal with Adobe in then taking it off of the old one if that creates more than two computers in your name under the same number.
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2009
    Jane B. wrote:
    An idea but no knowledge as I am still using PhotoShop 6. How did you get the copy on your old computer? Would there by chance be a download on the old computer that could be copied to disk and that disk used to install on the new one? I remember reading that you would have to deal with Adobe in then taking it off of the old one if that creates more than two computers in your name under the same number.

Thanks for the comments. I thought about trying to copy over all of the programs, registry settings, config files, etc., but it's is just too much work to track down everything that gets installed on Windows.
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    BeachBill wrote:
    Thanks for the comments. I thought about trying to copy over all of the programs, registry settings, config files, etc., but it's is just too much work to track down everything that gets installed on Windows.

It seems I didn't state what I had in mind very clearly. What I was thinking of is if you had made the original purchase as a download rather than a physical disk that the download might be on your old computer in it's original state. If so, could that download be copied to disk and installed from there to the new computer in the manner that that file was used to install on the old computer? Hope I said this in a way you can follow.

As far as trying to copy installed programs from that state I have a vague memory of there being programs on the market that are supposed to do that to make upgrading to a new computer easier.

Jane
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2009
    Jane B. wrote:
    It seems I didn't state what I had in mind very clearly. What I was thinking of is if you had made the original purchase as a download rather than a physical disk that the download might be on your old computer in it's original state. If so, could that download be copied to disk and installed from there to the new computer in the manner that that file was used to install on the old computer? Hope I said this in a way you can follow.
    Thanks. As I stated in my first post, the CD (or perhaps DVD) containing my copy of the CS2 suite is currently inaccessible.
    Jane B. wrote:
    As far as trying to copy installed programs from that state I have a vague memory of there being programs on the market that are supposed to do that to make upgrading to a new computer easier.
    Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. There used to be some programs marketed claiming they could do that. Microsoft even used to have one, but it was eventually removed from their website. Laplink is still selling an app that claims to move programs but their own docs say "if the program does not run or displays errors on the new computer you will need to unsintall and install from the original installation media". So even so-called applications designed to do it make not work.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    BeachBill wrote:
    Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. There used to be some programs marketed claiming they could do that. Microsoft even used to have one, but it was eventually removed from their website. Laplink is still selling an app that claims to move programs but their own docs say "if the program does not run or displays errors on the new computer you will need to unsintall and install from the original installation media". So even so-called applications designed to do it make not work.

Thanks again.

What OS are you running on the new computer? If it is XP or VISTA, there is a utilty built in to do this. BUT, you need to install the drive from the old system (the one with the OS & programs) as a slave drive behind the new one. Then you can migrate any and all programs to the new drive. Hope this helps.
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams