Toddlers

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited May 27, 2009 in People
My wife and I spend a couple of hours at church each Sunday "playing" with some of the younger kids. The lesson takes all of about 45 seconds. Add in another 5 minutes to sing some songs and that leaves a lot of time left for snacks and playing.

I've started taking my camera to get in some practice time. Today, I just wanted to use the 50/f1.4 lens that is new to me. I'm learning that for tight head shots, the 50mm is just a little too intimate for me. Need to be way too close. Here are a few from today. All were done with available light. Any comments and criticism would be helpful as I try to keep learning more...

545216338_dZ6CY-L.jpg

545216048_PTFVM-L.jpg

545216285_GmruD-L.jpg

545216136_JKxvH-L.jpg

#5 Snack Time (apples and fishcrackers)
545215777_aEffT-L.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    I really love the shots. From what I can tell the eyes look nice and sharp. I love love love my 50mm but I'm with you. Sometimes it's just too close and backing up isn't always an option.

I've taken my camera to church when teaching the little ones. We have a bullentin board in the main lobby showing what our kids are learning about upstairs and so we post my "playtime" on the bulletin board. :)
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2009
    Thanks Julie... I have lot more practicing to do with the 50mm f/1.4 before I get comfortable with it. I'm so used to using the 70-125mm range for things like this.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook