So long and thanks for all the fish!

jaxjax Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited May 26, 2009 in Holy Macro
I am leaving this forum, so I would like to thank everyone who contributed/replied etcetera. thanks!

Best of luck to you all!

Jax

Comments

• Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    jax wrote:
    I am leaving this forum, so I would like to thank everyone who contributed/replied etcetera. thanks!

Best of luck to you all!

Jax

Bye Jax.

Gonna say why?

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

• jaxjax Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Hey Paul,

Sure, there are a number of things..
    • Fist and foremost, my wife is a few days away from delivering our first born.:D So I expect to have little time in the near future.
    • Second, the little time that I do have left I'll be investing in a new website that I'm currently developing. This site will focus on Dutch fauna, and will feature my images coupled with all the info I can gather on the animals photographed. Its main purpose is to show people the wonderful world we live in, but that we hardly ever notice..
    • And finally.. For me personally, this forum brings little extra. During the few months that I have been here I've noticed that it all basically comes down to a hand full of active people, and a *lot* of lurkers who add zilch. This forum (to me) is basically a gallery with many 'ooh', 'aah' and 'wow' sayers, but you hardly ever see any constructive criticism. My flickr account is for the wow-sayers (because everyone likes wow-sayers, me included :D) , but I expected more from a forum like this.
    I hope I didn't offend anyone, because that really is not my intention.

Cheers everyone !
  • Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Well good luck in your venture. clap.gif

Enjoy your photography.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Hey
    For criticism you can add your photos at "The whipping post" where you will only get criticism and suggestions on how to improve photos.
    Alternately you can also request for critics in your posts.

Waiting for your Dutch fauna images WOW :Dmwink.gif

Don't leave ! there are million of people who love to see iamges from around the world ! you never know how your images may help them to increase their knowledge.

Good luck :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Don't leave JAX - for many reason, including that we want to see pics of your newborn! thumb.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    Best of luck - hope all goes well

BTW for me to give critique of a shot, it has to be explicitly requested with EXIF information, what you think is wrong with the shot and some indication of how experienced you are with macro.
    I've seen too many newbies scared off from forums by over enthusiastic crititique from the resident "experts"
    Brian V.