Options

need some help converting ARW to JPEG

t_hedlundt_hedlund Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited May 26, 2009 in Finishing School
Hello
I seeking some advise on the best way to convert a large number of files from ARW to JPEG. I have no problem doing 1 photo at a time but i have over 400 photos i need to get converted with in the next couple days.
The software i currently have is Adobe Elements 6.0 and Image Data Lightbox SR Version 3.0.00.08270. But i can't figure out how to do batch converts.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    JustPlainMeJustPlainMe Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    t_hedlund wrote:
    Hello
    I seeking some advise on the best way to convert a large number of files from ARW to JPEG. I have no problem doing 1 photo at a time but i have over 400 photos i need to get converted with in the next couple days.
    The software i currently have is Adobe Elements 6.0 and Image Data Lightbox SR Version 3.0.00.08270. But i can't figure out how to do batch converts.
    Thanks in advance

400 photos will take a long time unless you have a massive amount of RAM on your system. I have 1 GB and I run conversion on no more than 30 at a time, that takes about half an hour, and your ARW files will be bigger than mine (I shoot with an A200).

Open Image Data Lightbox and in the upper-right-hand corner, click the view option that looks like 9 little boxes, not the large box with the three small boxes underneath.

Then you can drag and select as many as you want to convert, and click the RAW icon with the black arrow pointing to the picture (the second RAW icon on my version). That's your batch processing.

You can then choose to apply presets, or just to convert them, and where to save them, compression level, and file name.

Hope this helps!

Sarah
    Please ignore my opinions! And if I ask for constructive criticism, please give it to me. I have really thick skin! :huh
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2009
    Oh, thank you, That will make my life much easier, if i remember right this computer has 4 gig's of ram, but 30 pictures at a time is way better than one.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    JustPlainMeJustPlainMe Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    t_hedlund wrote:
    Oh, thank you, That will make my life much easier, if i remember right this computer has 4 gig's of ram, but 30 pictures at a time is way better than one.
    Thanks again

You're welcome---do as many as you want to, start with 100 and see how it does!
    Please ignore my opinions! And if I ask for constructive criticism, please give it to me. I have really thick skin! :huh
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2009
    just a quick update, I converted 345 photos in 45 mintues, the dual cores really stepped up. I was figuring on let it convert for a couple hours.
    Thanks again yo have saved a lot of time.
  • Options
    meenumeenu Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 26, 2009
    Hi,
    I think contenta converter will allow you to do this conversion. It also processes photographs in batch so there would be time saving. I hope this is of some help to you.