Options

Calibration Issues

TizianoTiziano Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
edited May 25, 2009 in Finishing School
I'm running LR2 on both my G5 (with both 20" and 23" ACD) and a MacBookPro 15" laptop.

I routinely transfer LR catalogs between the two systems and am concerned about calibration issues.

I am unable to match between the two regardless of whether I manually customize the calibrations on both (all three really) or choose pre-assigned options. No matter what I do, the laptop is slightly more saturated in the reds and yellows. Overall I tend to end up on the G5 but would like to be able to edit on the PB if I need to in the field and be confident of the shots I upload to my SmugMug account.

Any ideas?
A Nikon D90 plus some Nikon, Sigma & Tokina lenses.

Comments

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Most laptops just don't have screens that can match a desktop. Below are a couple of articles about the MacBook Pro screen accuracy including compared to desktops, from a pro point of view. Not sure how old yours is so I linked to both versions.

MacBook Pro unibody (the current model)
    "...For the longest time, Apple laptop displays ruled the roost around here...(but largely because of the new glossy screen) Macs are no longer at the top of the laptop display heap in our minds...its display is still quite good and still falls on the right side of the line of acceptable display quality for field use by a working photographer, at least in ambient light that discourages reflections."
    Previous MacBook Pro
    "...relatively small colour gamut when compared to a desktop display..."
  • Options
    TizianoTiziano Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Thanks!
    A Nikon D90 plus some Nikon, Sigma & Tokina lenses.