#26 what do you think?

speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited May 26, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I always look at the contest but i have never entered so i figured this would be the time.

I have two different ideas, do you think they fit the category?

537982041_JHyrP-L.jpg

I took both of these in a cool ally that i found today, the light is modified using different effects but they are not really obvious. Do you think either would work?

Thanks for looking

545645102_R5c6i-L.jpg

545646377_zX6Sy-L.jpg

Comments

• whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    I like, like, LIKE #1 - very cool backlit shot. Personally, I find this shot to have the strongest composition of the set, though #2 is very nice as well.

As for the theme - I know you've modified the light, that's more apparent to me with #2, not so much with #1.

I think there's a lot of detail that you could bring out of the walls on #2.

Really great photos! clap.gifclap.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    #1 and #3 are OK, but #2 is AWESOME! thumb.gif
  • speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Thanks both of you :)

I will spend a little more time playing with the 2nd photo, i liked that one the best as well.
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    #1 and #2 both work well....

#1 would work if ya darkened the road a little so it does not look too washed with light..

#2 has so much going on that it is very entertaining to look at...

look forward to seeing what you do with it...

very nice images..

Kat
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    I actually like the alley shots the best...and the 2nd one strikes me the most (i guess that would be #3) and has lots of potential. (I would love to know where this alley is - though if I were you I wouldn't tell!)

#2 has a lot going for it but I think it lacks something, perhaps the human element, which is represented rather ironically by the doll in #3, making it the stronger image, imo. Maybe the long shot would be more anchored with a person in there, perhaps lit in a noir-ish light, or even something more garish and extreme to match the intense surroundings. Otherwise, tweaking the light around the doll in #3...maybe in a way to simulate movement, such as light painting with a longer exposure...would really make this cool shot truly spectacular. Hope that's helpful!
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
    edited May 25, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    I actually like the alley shots the best...and the 2nd one strikes me the most (i guess that would be #3) and has lots of potential. (I would love to know where this alley is - though if I were you I wouldn't tell!)

#2 has a lot going for it but I think it lacks something, perhaps the human element, which is represented rather ironically by the doll in #3, making it the stronger image, imo. Maybe the long shot would be more anchored with a person in there, perhaps lit in a noir-ish light, or even something more garish and extreme to match the intense surroundings. Otherwise, tweaking the light around the doll in #3...maybe in a way to simulate movement, such as light painting with a longer exposure...would really make this cool shot truly spectacular. Hope that's helpful!

The spots in Ann Arbor, MI but i doubt anyone is around here (but the internet can be small sometimes)

I have a fun idea that may be what your getting at in your #2, ill post it in a little bit

thanks again everyone
    edited May 25, 2009
    Ok i updated both a little, well one a little the other alot.

If you look at them next to each other you will see the color change
    546084969_m3AqB-L.jpg

This one i was going for the movement look but i may have done to much and now it is hard to see. The light streaks should give that since
    546097311_wvqEm-L.jpg
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    I like them both... I like the first one most, however, the second one feels more like it fits the theme the most..

Kat
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    This one!!!

537982041_JHyrP-L.jpg
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    This one!!!

15524779-Ti.gif The more I look at your set, the more I like this one. And I would not change a thing! I really like this shot - exposed so well.thumb.gif

Now that's not to say I don't like #2 - I especially like the detail you were able to bring out on the wall on your revision.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    I like all three - and all three will fit the theme, I think - but as interesting pictures I really REALLY like the alley shots. Very cool! thumb.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    Alley shots for me, too. Hard for me to choose which one, though. I think that #2 is my favorite, but the doll enhances the mystery and strangeness of the alley in #3.

Virginia

Email
    edited May 26, 2009
    I hate having to pick one :)

i posted the rest of the photos http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1119739#post1119739 if anyone wants to have a little better look at the ally
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    Alley shot with the sun flare! Definitely!
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    Alley shot with the sun flare! Definitely!

15524779-Ti.gif