stuck with filename-Bridge CS4

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited June 19, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi,

A while back, I remember imported some files to bridge and name them "January_Abs"
Now, each time I save a file, and export it from bridge, it its automatically named yea, "January Abs"

Can anyone please tell me how i can remove this:dunno

Thank you!
GG

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Are you looking for something different than right-click on the image in Bridge and select rename?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Are you looking for something different than right-click on the image in Bridge and select rename?

I save my pic on CS4. Then when I export it to smugmug, it comes out with the different name I saved it as which is January_Abs. I have to go to keyword/caption and delete it, so the real filename can show.
    I don't know headscratch.gif

Thank you.
    edited May 25, 2009
    GemGem wrote:
    I save my pic on CS4. Then when I export it to smugmug, it comes out with the different name I saved it as which is January_Abs. I have to go to keyword/caption and delete it, so the real filename can show.
    I don't know headscratch.gif

Thank you.
    Oh, I misunderstood what you were talking about. Can you give me a link to an example image on Smugmug that has this problem. I don't know whether you have gallery settings you could change or something else.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited May 25, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Oh, I misunderstood what you were talking about. Can you give me a link to an example image on Smugmug that has this problem. I don't know whether you have gallery settings you could change or something else.

Ok. I am editing some pics now. As soon as I upload them, I will send you the link.
    Thanks Jfriend!

GG
    edited May 26, 2009
    GemGem wrote:
    Ok. I am editing some pics now. As soon as I upload them, I will send you the link.
    Thanks Jfriend!

GG

Ok, here is a sample.

http://www.anagiltaylor.com/gallery/8338243_yfVFy/1/546549256_XydR9#P-2-15
    edited May 26, 2009
    GemGem wrote:

January_Abs is displaying below your image because it's a caption on the image (I can see it in the metadata on the original-sized image). Since Smugmug doesn't change your original image, I don't think Smugmug automatically put it there, so something in your own workflow must have put it there. If you don't want it there, then you have a couple choices:

1) Change your workflow so it is not placed as a caption on your images in the first place
    2) Strip it off before uploading to Smugmug
    3) Remove all captions after upload
    4) Hide the captions in Smugmug so they are not visible.

Captions can be hidden in Smugmug with this CSS, but they will still show up in other places (like slideshows):

.caption {display:none !important;}

FYI, when I look at your original in Photoshop, this is what I see in the metadata:

2009-05-26_1008.png
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited May 26, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    January_Abs is displaying below your image because it's a caption on the image (I can see it in the metadata on the original-sized image). Since Smugmug doesn't change your original image, I don't think Smugmug automatically put it there, so something in your own workflow must have put it there. If you don't want it there, then you have a couple choices:

1) Change your workflow so it is not placed as a caption on your images in the first place
    2) Strip it off before uploading to Smugmug
    3) Remove all captions after upload
    4) Hide the captions in Smugmug so they are not visible.

Captions can be hidden in Smugmug with this CSS, but they will still show up in other places (like slideshows):

.caption {display:none !important;}

FYI, when I look at your original in Photoshop, this is what I see in the metadata:

Thank you. How in the world did I do that!? ok, let me figure out how to take it off. I did look at my metadata yesterday and didn't c anything there. I will look in LR and in CS$.

Thank you!
    GG
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 26, 2009
    It sounds like you may have inadvertently put January_Abs into the IPTC description field of your default metadata in Bridge, so it is being applied to all your pics. The solution is to edit the default in Bridge to remove that entry.
    edited June 19, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    It sounds like you may have inadvertently put January_Abs into the IPTC description field of your default metadata in Bridge, so it is being applied to all your pics. The solution is to edit the default in Bridge to remove that entry.

OMG, I got so excited, thought I got it.. don't know what is going on. I edited the default metadata, still. I deleted it, and created a new one, that the old description is still there.. I think I am going to write down any numbers there and play it in the lotto!!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
    GG