Palouse Sunrise

dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
edited May 26, 2009 in Landscapes
I have just returned from a fun one-day trip to Eastern Washington's Palouse region. I met up with Ron and we were lucky to get some great conditions.
Here's one of the keepers from the trip. I hope you guys like it!

Canon 5D Mark II
Sigma 100-300 @ 179mm

3564594155_64c3f0e782_o.jpg

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Awesome! That was a great sunrise. Like I said at the time, I love the layers of the mountains in the background, and those clouds were ridiculous.

It pays to get up at 4AM. Sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your shots.

Meanwhile, I'm still on Saturday's photos...
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    Very nice Danny!! The colors are spectacular!! I did not get a chance to get up there like I had wanted, but I know that there will be some great photos coming from you and Ron. I am looking forward to them!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    Great job Danny ! always love to see your photos thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Awesome! That was a great sunrise. Like I said at the time, I love the layers of the mountains in the background, and those clouds were ridiculous.

It pays to get up at 4AM. Sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your shots.

Meanwhile, I'm still on Saturday's photos...[/quote

This was definitely one of the coolest sunrises I've seen but I was sure tired for the rest of the day. This was probably the best one I got from the trip but I'll post a few more to get some opinions. I'm looking forward to seeing your shots as well.
    edited May 26, 2009
    ront wrote:
    Very nice Danny!! The colors are spectacular!! I did not get a chance to get up there like I had wanted, but I know that there will be some great photos coming from you and Ron. I am looking forward to them!!

Ron[/quote

Thank you.
    Both Ron and I, being first-time visitors to Steptoe Butte didn't really know what to expect given that the harvest is late this year, but we were very impressed with this view.
    I think Ron's photos are the ones to really be looking forward to. He has a lot more to show, as I was there for one night and he was fortunate enough to spend four days there. (No pressure, Ron. :D)
    edited May 26, 2009
    Great job Danny ! always love to see your photos thumb.gif

Thank you! I enjoy your posts as well.
  • a110p0a110p0 Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    Cool shot, and well captured.

Alvin
    Alvin
    Fremont, CA
    SmugMug Gallery