Photo Shoot with a U2 cover band

justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
edited May 26, 2009 in People
A few months back I was asked by Zoostation a San Francisco Bay Area U2 Tribute band to shoot their next series of promotional shots with the new U2 Album coming out. These are some photos from that day, which by the way rained the entire time.

DSC_0055-2.jpg
DSC_0056-3.jpg
DSC_0046.jpg
DSC_0046-1-2.jpg
DSC_0064-2.jpg
DSC_0078-1.jpg

Comments

• justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    Very interesting set of shots.

I'm intrigued as to why you would cut off part of band members in some of the shots - for example, the one where they are walking down the beach.

Could you go back in and number each of the pictures? It would make it a lot easier for me and others to comment on specific ones.

Virginia

Email
    edited May 26, 2009
    They wanted to mimic some of the shots from the album sleeve, but as far as the one walking down the beach, I told them to start walking in any direction and was panning to get the shots.

Here are a few more from the walking shots.

DSC_0039-1-2.jpg
    DSC_0040-1-1.jpg
    DSC_0058-1-1.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg

It was so cold that day and raining the day of the shoot. The drummer who was in charge of telling the band yes or no to shoot on this day decided to so we were out in the elements for about 6hrs.
    edited May 26, 2009
    Ok #1 is them walking towards the ocean.

#2 is the trail of foot prints and seeing them start walking where the Bono look a like and the edge look a like are closest to each other.

#3 is the drummer in the front looking back and the Bono, Edge are doing a funky walk.

#4 is where the last band member is cut off.

The rest are them walking towards me.