upgraded to CS2... minor annoyance!

DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
edited June 15, 2005 in Finishing School
I have all my pictures organized in different folders in the standard win xp 'my pictures' folder.

Pre-upgrade I could right click on an image, select 'open with' and pick photoshop. Post-upgrade photoshop is no longer listed! So I pick 'choose program' and CS2 isn't even on the prgrams list... so I go to browse and find cs2 to add it.. and no matter how many times I do that.. IT WON'T ADD CS2 TO THE LIST!! :scratch

wtf.
Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos

Comments

• Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    Copy the PS shortcut and paste it into the sendto folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\SendTo

Then it should be available all the time. You can do that with any other program you want to be listed in the sendto folder.

Dani wrote:
    I have all my pictures organized in different folders in the standard win xp 'my pictures' folder.

Pre-upgrade I could right click on an image, select 'open with' and pick photoshop. Post-upgrade photoshop is no longer listed! So I pick 'choose program' and CS2 isn't even on the prgrams list... so I go to browse and find cs2 to add it.. and no matter how many times I do that.. IT WON'T ADD CS2 TO THE LIST!! headscratch.gif

wtf.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    Copy the PS shortcut and paste it into the sendto folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\SendTo

Then it should be available all the time. You can do that with any other program you want to be listed in the sendto folder.

hmmmmmm

close enough I guess

thanks Shay
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    A link for you.
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/OpenWith.htm

This explains how to remove entries from the context menu. Maybe adding an executable will make it available? A place to start if your serious. Of course always create a restore point before mucking around with the registry!!!
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    I should probably add that this is a hidden folder. You need to have the "show hidden files and folders" option turned on. With a folder window open, click on tools, folder options, "View" tab to get to that option. Once done, then the sendto folder should be accessible.

Dani wrote:
    hmmmmmm

close enough I guess

thanks Shay
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • NandNand Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2005
    I should probably add that this is a hidden folder. You need to have the "show hidden files and folders" option turned on. With a folder window open, click on tools, folder options, "View" tab to get to that option. Once done, then the sendto folder should be accessible.
    This may be useful for adding shortcuts to the SendTo folder. Navigate to the SendTo folder, right click and create a shortcut for this folder. Now place this shortcut in the SendTo folder.

Anytime that you now want to add a program shortcut to the SendTo folder, you just right click and send it to the SendTo folder for future use.

If you have trouble finding this folder, search for it and back out one step once found. You need the one that is associated with your username.

Nand.
  • muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    Dani wrote:

Pre-upgrade I could right click on an image, select 'open with' and pick photoshop. Post-upgrade photoshop is no longer listed! So I pick 'choose program' and CS2 isn't even on the prgrams list... so I go to browse and find cs2 to add it.. and no matter how many times I do that.. IT WON'T ADD CS2 TO THE LIST!! headscratch.gif

wtf.
    I searched Google Groups using keyords:
    CS2 explorer "open with"
    and found the following thread stared by someone named seb, who figures out a solution himself towards the end of the thread:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/adobe.photoshop.windows/browse_thread/thread/a18ab82362e12e56/85bf9d6f8bae2370?q=cs2+explorer+%22open+with%22&rnum=1&hl=en#85bf9d6f8bae2370

Good luck,

gary
  • DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2005
    muddyknees wrote:
    I searched Google Groups using keyords:
    CS2 explorer "open with"
    and found the following thread stared by someone named seb, who figures out a solution himself towards the end of the thread:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/adobe.photoshop.windows/browse_thread/thread/a18ab82362e12e56/85bf9d6f8bae2370?q=cs2+explorer+%22open+with%22&rnum=1&hl=en#85bf9d6f8bae2370

Good luck,

gary
    thanks gary!!!
    Dani

The Blog | The Photos