Options

My Ch. 40 Entry

HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
edited June 13, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
44698215.jpg

My entry into Challenge 40.

Just a note: noone was threatened nor hurt while shooting this. This will probably be a 3-4 part sequence, with this shot being in the middle.

It moved me,
Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

Comments

• Options
    GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    yikes!! that sure looks like danger to me!!
  • Options
    Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    Thant cool. (the shot i mean not what it represents) I was thinking of do'n that but you did way better then i would have done. You should enter it, but can you enter a sequence? i thought you only got one shot to enter. O well, good shot and good luck.
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    Ahhhh, yeah. Thats IMPACT !!! IMO Chris. The tears tell the story. Impressive and powerful. thumb.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    ahh thats gonna be hard to beat! Well done!
  • Options
    JBAJBA Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    Wow, that is an amazing picture. Even a cold, unfeeling child of the nineties like myself has to stop and take notice of that one. I can't believe how much raw feeling it carries. Well Done.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif with all of the above. Tough shot to look at but really well done. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    Thanks All for the comments,
    I have to say this this is the most impactful picture I have ever taken. I see a series here and have another shot already taken but not processed. The model is my wife and I think she did a super job. I'm looking forward to putting the whole concept together, but this is my starter.

I agree that it is a hard picture to look at, even for me. I've always felt that a good picture is one that evokes emotion, and this stirs something deep. Technically, there are some things that could be improved, but I liked the raw impact of it. Very little processing went on for this photo.

I'm glad my emotions for this shot aren't misplaced, you've validated that. I tried to not overdue the frame but wanted something to accent the shot. Any comments on the framing would be welcome.

Thanks,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    clap.gifclapclap.gif Super Image, as many have said it is strong, stirring and very deep. I look forward to seeing the series when your done processing. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Cheers
    David
    Cheers
    David Clifford