Proof Delay On Digital Downloads

kiz5kiz5 Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited July 14, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
SM,

I'm a sports shooter, so I usually upload my photos at 70 quality, with a light crop, and no "personal" time with an image. However, I've noticed that when people are getting their downloads, that I don't have the ability to re-upload them so that they're ready. On ExposureManager, I was able to.

Is there an option I'm missing, or is that not able to happen?

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    We don't do it for Dig Downloads because folks want those "now." You can always send them an edited version, by email if you wish.
  • lokerdlokerd Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    I agree that there needs to be a way to delay the download. It should be easy to implement, at least it should be for the pro accounts. The client would simply request the file as an order, even if there is no charge, then we have the same 7 days to release the order or replace the files then release the order.

???

Drew
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    lokerd wrote:
    I agree that there needs to be a way to delay the download. It should be easy to implement, at least it should be for the pro accounts. The client would simply request the file as an order, even if there is no charge, then we have the same 7 days to release the order or replace the files then release the order.

???

Drew
    Hi Drew, see my post just above yours, thanks.
  • lokerdlokerd Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Well, duh, of course I read it. rolleyes1.gif But, I don't care if my clients want it now or not. They can have it NOW...with up to a 7 day delay, which means I might release the order a few minutes after they request the dl...or it might be a while. If I am going to allow downloads, it would be nice to have more control.

I think the real problem is if a person is requesting a large number that there
    is still no easy way to replace files.
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Drew, see my post just above yours, thanks.
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    http://smugmug.uservoice.com/pages/17723-smugmug/suggestions/243258-allow-an-optional-proof-delay-on-digital-downloads

If you haven't already - go vote! Show Smugmug that this feature is more important than they think it is. :)
    lokerd wrote:

???

Drew
  • rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif Yes I agree - smugmug this is really a no brainer -proof delay was a great idea - now let it fully blossom, eh? rolleyes1.gif

Pupator wrote:
    http://smugmug.uservoice.com/pages/17723-smugmug/suggestions/243258-allow-an-optional-proof-delay-on-digital-downloads

If you haven't already - go vote! Show Smugmug that this feature is more important than they think it is. :)
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS