Photographer vs. Security Guard

luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
edited June 14, 2005 in The Big Picture

Comments

• Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I agree with one of the comments... this has been going even before 9/11, they just have a convenient excuse now. For me, I've been stopped from taking interior pictures when there is no posted anti-photography sign (or I didn't see it). I've never been stopped from taking exterior photos.
    Chris
  • Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    95Mcaj wrote:
    I agree with one of the comments... this has been going even before 9/11, they just have a convenient excuse now. For me, I've been stopped from taking interior pictures when there is no posted anti-photography sign (or I didn't see it). I've never been stopped from taking exterior photos.
    I have been stopped at the orange county performing arts center. The security guards will immediately jump on you and make you sign a waiver that you are not using the photographs for commercial purposes. ne_nau.gif
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    Chase wrote:
    I have been stopped at the orange county performing arts center. The security guards will immediately jump on you and make you sign a waiver that you are not using the photographs for commercial purposes. ne_nau.gif
    Hey, maybe we need to print a few of those waivers out, then when a guard (anywhere) gets in our way, hand him a waiver saying he has no worries.