some shots from Mt. St. Helens

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited May 26, 2009 in Landscapes
took a drive to Mt. St. Helens on Saturday. weather was gorgeous... too much so, actually, as some clouds might have added some drama to the sky. would've liked to get there with a little more snow on the mountain, but one takes what one can get sometimes... anyway, i stuck around to watch the light change, and left just as the last of the sun was disappearing behind the hills in the west... 5D, Tammy 24-135, various settings and exposures...

mid-day

IMG_7608sm.jpg

late afternoon

IMG_7733sm.jpg

almost sunset

Volcanosunsetsm.jpg

alpenglow

StHelensalpenglowsm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    Beautiful images Rocky. I like them all. Mid day is not supposed to be a great time for pictures, but I sure like the first one and "alpenglow" is great! The very last of the light on the mountain. Very nice.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    Nice shots, Rocky. I like the composition of #2 the best and would have been neat to see it with the alpenglow light..
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2009
    scole wrote:
    Nice shots, Rocky. I like the composition of #2 the best and would have been neat to see it with the alpenglow light..
    thanks, Steve... i didn't get that composition with the actual alpenglow, but i did get one just before it started... the foreground was getting so dark, though, that i switched to horizontal to include just the mountain...

IMG_7776sm.jpg
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com