my entry

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited May 28, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, the cool thing is that ALL the light in this photo is modified, since it is all sunlight through stained glass.

547896332_qqggp-XL.jpg

Caroline

Comments

• dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2009
    Well, the cool thing is that ALL the light in this photo is modified, since it is all sunlight through stained glass.
    Caroline

Very cool. I was wishing I knew of a church that I had easy access to, that also had beautiful stained glass.
    You caught the colors very nicely and I like the reflection on the window sill.
    I think I would like to see the window straight on with the relections of the glass going on to the floor, if that is possible. The large expanse of wall seems very distracting to me.
    Well, that's my 2 cents... sure someone else may have more helpful suggestions.
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2009
    Nice work and idea.. and I agree, the best light...

I also agree that a crop may serve it well as the trailing wall in the distance there takes away from the focus of the window... it still works.. well.. but you might consider experimenting with crop some..

Kat
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2009
    See, I like the pools of light on the floor and the window in the back of the church, which I'd lose with a crop. I may go back and see what I can do.

Caroline
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    See, I like the pools of light on the floor and the window in the back of the church, which I'd lose with a crop. I may go back and see what I can do.

Caroline

:D I know how you feel. Go with your gut. You eenter the one that you are happy with because in the end that is all that really matters.
    edited May 28, 2009
    It was only suggested to experiment with crops. Don't get me wrong... It really is a super photo and I don't see any real need for a reshoot.... if you do decide to reshoot it, perhaps you can turn in a little more toward the window....

it is nice work and a great idea...rolleyes1.gif

whatever you decide to do, best of luck to you..thumb.gif

Kat
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    It was only suggested to experiment with crops. Don't get me wrong... It really is a super photo and I don't see any real need for a reshoot.... if you do decide to reshoot it, perhaps you can turn in a little more toward the window....

it is nice work and a great idea...rolleyes1.gif

whatever you decide to do, best of luck to you..thumb.gif

Kat

I may have a chance to reshoot before the challenge is over. I'll be at that church for a wedding Saturday. Maybe I'll even get the bride in the shot!

Caroline
    edited May 28, 2009
    Oohhhhhhh ,,, the exciting possibilities!!!! :photo

Well you go girl...camera a blazin...:rambo look forward to seeing what you bring back.. Do share it..thumb.gif

Kat
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    I like this take on the modified light theme - great job on your exposure of a usually difficult subject! The light pools on the floor are really nice, but I'd love to see them more prominent in the composition, especially with the window so far to the right.

The wedding you mentioned sounds like a great opportunity - keep your camera ready and look for those surprising little details!
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!