Options

How to set free digital downloads.

2»

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    neurospike wrote:
    Its interesting, but to me the ability for a user to batch download a whole set is the most important feature I am looking for. If a client pays a fixed fee for the job (which is the case in all my photographic work) and needs to access all the photo's, telling them to click and download each of possibly hundreds of images is not particularly useful (i.e client generally don't want to spend an hour clicking through and downloading individual images) The open source gallery2 software for example implements this very well and lets users download a zip archive of their cart selection. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on supporting this kind of feature where users could batch download that was not related to the other commerce offered, eg prints etc? I am surprised this is not a more broadly sort after feature.

any thoughts appreciated.

regards

Alex
    I noticed that Zenfolio's users just voted batch download of originals as their #1 feature request and Zenfolio said they were going to implement it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2010
    Darling wrote: »
    Just one note here, I don't mean to imply anything surreptitious regarding Smugtug the program. This is an great program that does its job well using acceptable means to download data. But I am amazed this is possible.

Funny -- I was looking for the "Download image..." button hack and found this thread. The ability for applications that use the SmugMug API to download full-sized images even if "right-click protection" is turned on is actually something I recently brought up. This assumes Darling still cares about this. :-}

Also, bummer that SmugTug is no longer around. I wrote my own hacky version for a specific site, but man, it does suck up bandwidth, CPU and disk.

Why not block images from API if right-click turned on?