DSS#26 idea for C&C

silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited May 28, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Curious if this idea works. I'm going for the abstract and intentionally went monochromatic... to a degree. Does it work, or should I flex my puny brain muscles again?

Bend it, Break it.

1)
web.jpg?ver=12434798940001

2)
web.jpg?ver=12434798600001
- Joe
http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Hey there Silver...

wondering when you were going to post something up here..

abstract it is...that's for sure... it is definitely a twist on the things and unique..

I am going to be a little biased here because I highly favor anything abstract.. its my fav...

I like the first one of the two.. a lot of direction.. it may be stronger as an entry if you tell us how you pulled it off in your title? plus, I am curious.. lol :Dheadscratch.gif

Kat
  • silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Hey Kat wave.gif

I haven't had much time to shoot or post anything in a few days (doing my USAF Reserve duty until the end of June). I tried a few things at the onset of the challenge, but they didn't really work out.

... Now, if I gave away my secret headscratch.gif ...

I actually didn't plan on it. I went out to go get some grub and noticed the evening sun shining on the back of my car and grabbed my camera + macro lens. It was quite dusty from the drive starting in NC and ending in UT, so I brushed once down on the tail light and started shooting away... with the lens as close as I could get it. The vertical lines are the sun reflecting off the reflector in the tail light and shining on the remaining dust. I cropped out some extremely blown portions and was left with what you see mwink.gif

Now to see all the great stuff everyone else has out.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • jeffgrovesjeffgroves Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    attention grabbing shot!
    I am fascinated by the first one and the second one doesn't do a thing for me. headscratch.gif Odd to me, because they are so similar, but I guess I like the crispness in the first one. Not an expert on abstract stuff, but I enjoyed getting lost for a while absorbing the first shot.

So as for my humble opinion, I really like number 1!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    silversx80 wrote:
    Hey Kat wave.gif

I haven't had much time to shoot or post anything in a few days (doing my USAF Reserve duty until the end of June). I tried a few things at the onset of the challenge, but they didn't really work out.

Hey........... Great to hear from you... sounds like you have been busy with the reserve stuff. Lucky you... UT is full of photo potential...:D well, if you get the time to step out and enjoy it that is...headscratch.gif I respect that you were still able to shoot something great being so busy.. I like #1 and think it is very unique. If you shoot anything else over the weekend, try and post it, and I will definitely keep my eye out on the board... Hey and thanks for sharing your "secret" mwink.gif

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck to you...thumb.gif

Personally, I cant make up my mind on my entries.. still working on some..

Kat