DSS #26 - Mono Lake Tufas at Sunset

nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
edited May 28, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi there,

This is my other option I can go with for DSS #26. There has obviously been a "modification" of light done in order to create a certain mood on the Tufas of Mono Lake. What do you guys think? Closer to the theme than the Yosemite shot?

548156070_DL3WK-L.jpg
Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

Comments

• BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    one word:

damn
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    You're making this difficult Allen. I like this one too... a lot.. I am stuck.. I don't know which one to vote for... they are both modified... nicely... headscratch.gif

well... I am gonna have to say this one looks a little more on the digital side, kind of like in a sci-fi game with a darker feel to the mood.... I love the spill of yellow light on the left and that is what is making it so hard to chose... I think I will go ahead and cast my vote for the first one... although, I do that apprehensively as it is a tough choice between the two...

Good luck on making this decision... I gave you my best take on it.. I think the first one told a better story and showed off the light in a brighter and more beautiful way... I do like this one too though.. but can only chose one..thumb.gif

hope that helps some..
    Kat
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    :jawdrop bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
  • MikeKMikeK Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Nice! I like them both, but this second one is clearly a better example of modifying the light, as opposed to capturing beautiful light as it appeared.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    I'd enter this one. Hands down, it is the better entry for this challenge. Both shots are outstanding - simply outstanding!

Virginia

Email
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    :jawdrop

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
  • jeffgrovesjeffgroves Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Now, why didn't you so us this one to start with!
    This is the one to enter! beer.gif
    No doubt in my mind!
    Excellent work!
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    I very much appreciate all the inputs. We spent some time in the Eastern Sierras (+ Yosemite) over the memorial day weekend and it is just a gorgeous place to take photographs. I processed the Yosemite shot first and I thought compositionally, it was pretty unique (or lucky), but I can see why this one fits the theme better.

p.s. Btw, has anybody been to Bodie ghost town? It is about an hour drive from Mono Lake. It is a fascinating place!
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    deal.gif i'd vote for that entry
    Aaron Nelson
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Ahhhh.....The first one....yeah...yeah...the first one! That way the rest of us could have a chance. mwink.gif

Honestly, both shots are beautiful and convey their own story and mood and effects, HOWEVER!, this shot is just absolutely brilliant!

Don't make us :smack ! Enter this one.