Front End Loader HDR

CorbinCorbin Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 31, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Hi All,

New to the forum. Took this yesterday. CC welcome!

Tractor4.jpg

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Hi Corin welcome to dgrin, I like this but I can see two things that would of made it better. Would of been of better a better shot if you did not have the arm of the green digger behind the front loader in the shot. Also the dumper truck next to the front loader, would of been better if you had all the tailgate in the shot rather than chopped in half, just my view.

Tim
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Hey Corbin,

Welcome

Nice HDR thumb.gif
    Randy
  • CorbinCorbin Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 28, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome guy's. and the comments.

Got this one a little ealier aswell.

tractor2play.jpg
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Corbin wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome guy's. and the comments.

Got this one a little ealier aswell.

Hey there Corbin, Welcome to the Dgrin Forum.

I love the second shot, HDR is quite and addictive technique.

I like both versions, however the second one appeals to me more in that it is more "life like" more realistic.

May I ask you Corbin how you do your HDR's.
    Do you take multiple shots, or do you duplicate and manipulate a single image.

I'm really keen on learning more about HDR.
    Looking forward to your sharing more of your great shots clap.gifclap.gif

Great Post .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • CorbinCorbin Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 28, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Hey there Corbin, Welcome to the Dgrin Forum.

I love the second shot, HDR is quite and addictive technique.

I like both versions, however the second one appeals to me more in that it is more "life like" more realistic.

May I ask you Corbin how you do your HDR's.
    Do you take multiple shots, or do you duplicate and manipulate a single image.

I'm really keen on learning more about HDR.
    Looking forward to your sharing more of your great shots clap.gifclap.gif

Great Post .... Skippy :D

Hey Skippy,

Thanks for the kind comments.

As for these two I used multiple images. 3 to be exact. -2 0 +2.

I processed them through photomatix as i saw fit then did my post processing though PS.

But i have some where ive done psuedo HDRi, where i have only used one image taken in RAW. TBH you can get the same effect but sometimes not the greatest quality. ie noise.

I have also done it using Lightroom 2. where i grab a photo at 0 exposure and create the 2 two other exposures or however many i need. then i bring it over to photomatix and process it.

I have also caught onto another program called Dynamic-Photo HDR. I havent used it all that ofter but the same affects can be done.

Below is an example of a photo i took in Jpeg. then used lightroom to create a very OTT HDR.

Supra1of1.jpg

I hope all this makes sense.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Corbin wrote:
    Hey Skippy,

Thanks for the kind comments.

As for these two I used multiple images. 3 to be exact. -2 0 +2.

I processed them through photomatix as i saw fit then did my post processing though PS.

But i have some where ive done psuedo HDRi, where i have only used one image taken in RAW. TBH you can get the same effect but sometimes not the greatest quality. ie noise.

I have also done it using Lightroom 2. where i grab a photo at 0 exposure and create the 2 two other exposures or however many i need. then i bring it over to photomatix and process it.

I have also caught onto another program called Dynamic-Photo HDR. I havent used it all that ofter but the same affects can be done.

Below is an example of a photo i took in Jpeg. then used lightroom to create a very OTT HDR.

I hope all this makes sense.

Thanks for the reply ..... 3 exposures seems to be the way most folks approach HDR some use more thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin