Options

5D MkII + 28-300L IS anyone?

GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,751 Major grins
edited May 28, 2009 in Cameras
Did anyone tried this combination yet, and can show some results?

I already have the 28-300L IS lens, and I'm planning to order a 5D MkII within one or two weeks.

I'm planning to use the 24-105L IS as standard lens on the 5DII, but also would like to know if the 28-300L is any good on that camera.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,849 moderator
    edited May 28, 2009
    I believe that we have a couple of members that use the Canon EF 28-300mm, f3.5-f5.6L IS USM and either a 5D or 5D MKII.

While it will work fine, I would encourage you to explore the lenses which can provide more absolute resolution as well. The Canon 5D MKII just screams for lenses with high resolution.

I just recently got the EF 135mm, f2L USM and the things that lens can do at f5.6 are just astonishing.

I can also vouch for several other fast primes, especially when stopped down, and the constant aperture, short range, "L" zooms.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    I just recently got the EF 135mm, f2L USM and the things that lens can do at f5.6 are just astonishing.

clap.gif best lens ever! Congrats.
  • Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,751 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Thanks Ziggy,

I already have the 28-300L IS, 70-200L IS f/2.8, 24-105L IS f/4, 100-400L IS. My next purchase would be the 5DII. "Primes" might follow later.

All these lenses perform fine on my 5D (which I'm keeping, but my brother will be using it the most of the time) I suppose they will do fine on the 5DII (especially the 24-105L IS f/4)

For my purposes 24 or 28 mm. on a FF camera is wide enough. I also like to have the possibility to zoom. For some events it's interesting to have one camera with extended zoom possibility.

We will have to see in a couple of weeks. (Although it would have been interesting to see if some over here already tried this combination)

I'm gone for 4 days now (probably no internet in the hotel where we are staying). I'll have another look at this thread next week tuesday.