more of piano grande

PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited May 28, 2009 in Landscapes
visiting this area, i get the same excitement as a kid at unwrapping gifts at christmas - can't wait to get to the top, and as the car wends up the steep hill, as the meadow comes into view, surrounded by those mountains... "how will the light be? what flowers are out? what are the colours?"; every visit is different, and i have never yet managed to explore any of the other places around, because i have to get to the meadow, and "open the wrapping" - and then i'm lost for hours... till the light goes.
had an excuse for an extra trip with visitors, although camera time was severely limited under the circumstances. managed these, until the next visit in a few days when the calendar clears! comments happily received. cheers, sarah
Quick shot - no tripod (hate that no tripod feeling)
548385002_h8e6z-L-1.jpg

Ok - must use tripod
548385062_d6m7V-L-1.jpg

good -they're still chatting - 3 shots to blend with the t/s. phew!
548385181_Mbj8w-L-1.jpg
Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
www.photoempt.com
photoempt.smugmug.com
www.rjslade.com
and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Nice job Sarah! I can see why you keep coming back to this place. I prefer the second shot overall. I wonder if you could get lower in a thick patch of those flowers and still keep the mountains in the frame.
    E
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    Nice job Sarah! I can see why you keep coming back to this place. I prefer the second shot overall. I wonder if you could get lower in a thick patch of those flowers and still keep the mountains in the frame.
    E

thank you. yes, i lay flat out for one of the previous shots in the last post, but didn't have time on this occasion. it's on my list for next time, and is certainly do-able (except i leave a large patch of flattened flowers!!)
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
    www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Oooh, another nice one, Sarah! Sorry to hear shooting time was short this trip but like Marc I think that this place has amazing potential, esp with clouds like that. I bet sweet light here would be the winning shot for any landscape photographer :D