#26 ~ a couple of new ideas, C&C please

dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
edited May 29, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am past the point of knowing good from bad right now. I am headed for the zoo with my son's class, maybe something there. But for now, here are a couple of things I got last night.

548411483_PgV9D-L.jpg
548411476_QCsYs-L.jpg

548411499_kWM3v-L.jpg
548411487_EaoVx-L.jpg

Now then, it's off to the zoo I go. (Frank Buck Zoo - a very small one, but a zoo)

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    hmmmm.. Out of these I like # 3 best and I like the simplicity of number #2 and # 3 had a ton of character.....

Have fun at the zoo.... bring back pictures..

Kat
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    ahhh... now you see why I had nothing up before. I am blank. I was hoping the light up spinning tops (1&2) would work better. These were the best out of a BUNCH. They might have if I could have found a good one. I went to 4 stores befpre I found a top! Kids don't know what they are missing. My 14 year old had fun helping me with that anyway.
    Anyway. I have one more idea. (well, two, but the police will show up if I set off the fireworks) But what I need is in my oldest sons closet and I am not going anywhere near that! :nah

oh... and nothing really from the zoo. Too busy dealing with kids to take much more than 'on the way by' kind of shots. I think they went through that zoo at a record time. zoom zoom
    edited May 28, 2009
    I hear you loud and clear...!!! every idea I have shot so far, is not turning out how I had planned.. so I am going in a totally different direction now.. I have a few of the black light works, but black light turned out to be super fun, but at the same time, it does not make the light "look" like it is being modified, even though it is..

so back to the drawing board for me too on some of them.. well good luck with your next ideas... will keep my eye out for them..

Kat
  • jeffgrovesjeffgroves Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    fireworks or son's closet, which is safer? hmmm?
    Funny comment about not going in your son's closet. I have been there!
    I wanted to comment on this thread earlier today, but I wasn't sure. I am kind of new to this forum anyway, so I thought I would wait and see what others thought.

Bottom line is that I liked the top pictures (1 and 2) much more than the plants. With that said, I don't think they are uber compelling. I remain blown away with what others have already posted in the gallery and I am going in to it knowing that I don't stand a chance.

In my opinion, if you want to get in the finals, you are really going to have to push yourself to the limits with this challenge. So... you know what that means... headscratch.gif Yep, You need to go get what you need out of your son's closet. :whew Now that I have talked about it more, my curiosity is building.
    edited May 28, 2009
    jeffgroves wrote:
    Funny comment about not going in your son's closet. I have been there!
    I wanted to comment on this thread earlier today, but I wasn't sure. I am kind of new to this forum anyway, so I thought I would wait and see what others thought.

Bottom line is that I liked the top pictures (1 and 2) much more than the plants. With that said, I don't think they are uber compelling. I remain blown away with what others have already posted in the gallery and I am going in to it knowing that I don't stand a chance.

In my opinion, if you want to get in the finals, you are really going to have to push yourself to the limits with this challenge. So... you know what that means... headscratch.gif Yep, You need to go get what you need out of your son's closet. :whew Now that I have talked about it more, my curiosity is building.

:D Oh, It wouldn't be a winner, but it would be fun. I give up on even coming close to a finalist at this point! If it hasn't come to me yet, it probably won't. I might break a leg if I try to get to the closet. Boy is he in for a shock when I get in a cleaning mood.
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    The spinning tops are kind of fun, and I always love abstract stuff like that. But I'm really curious now to see what you got from your son's closet!

I tried something similar to the tops with a light-up bouncy ball I have - it flashes red and blue and made interesting smeary arcs when bounced down the stairs (at night, in the dark), but after dozens of attempts and almost killing myself running up and down the darkened stairs, nothing really grabbed me from the shoot. So I just kept trying and now have to decide between a couple decent attempts.

All that is to say, don't give up! Keep trying stuff and follow your gut - I'm sure you'll end up with a serious contender, and have as much of a chance as any of us.
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
    edited May 28, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    The spinning tops are kind of fun, and I always love abstract stuff like that. But I'm really curious now to see what you got from your son's closet!

I tried something similar to the tops with a light-up bouncy ball I have - it flashes red and blue and made interesting smeary arcs when bounced down the stairs (at night, in the dark), but after dozens of attempts and almost killing myself running up and down the darkened stairs, nothing really grabbed me from the shoot. So I just kept trying and now have to decide between a couple decent attempts.

All that is to say, don't give up! Keep trying stuff and follow your gut - I'm sure you'll end up with a serious contender, and have as much of a chance as any of us.

I thought of one of those too. I know the boys have one somewhere in the black hole closet.
    edited May 29, 2009
    ok, the new one is in the gallery, and I do believe I like it best just for the fun of it. :ivar Too bad most of the parts were missing. I was barely able to do this much.
    Now I can go get some sleep and forget this for a few days... and start worrying about the local stuff I need to work on.

http://challenges.smugmug.com/gallery/8248233_dGZpS#548992963_LQG3b

Thanks for all the help everyone!!
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    OMG I love it! I totally dig your sense of humor, and your surprise subject really takes me back. I know you'll sleep soundly tonight. thumb.gif
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
    edited May 29, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    OMG I love it! I totally dig your sense of humor, and your surprise subject really takes me back. I know you'll sleep soundly tonight. thumb.gif
    Thank you!! It just came to me what I wanted to do with it and I had to make it work. Wish I had thought of it sooner.
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    That is AWESOME!!!thumb.gif
    edited May 29, 2009
    Donna..

I just had to laugh.. that is cute... way to go... love it..

Katthumb.gif
    edited May 29, 2009
    :D
    If it makes someone smile then I have accomplished what I wanted to do.

:lol
    If it makes them laugh, it is a bonus.
    edited May 29, 2009
    Well then its a success I would say.. now you can relax and enjoy your weekend....

as for me,, I am still stuck in shooters rut........ so you know how my weekend will be spent..

Kat