Options

SOLD: 32-Bit Cardbus Compact Flash PCMCIA adapter/reader

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited March 8, 2012 in The Kitchen Sink
UPDATE: gone!
[imgl]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31MCH6dZZPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg[/imgl]
I just got this Viking Interworks 32-Bit Cardbus CF Compact Flash PCMCIA PC card adapter/reader brand new only to discover there are no drivers for my 64-bit Windows 7.
It comes with drivers for 32-bit Window 2000 and XP though (and also earlier flavors methinks).

I paid $36-odd for it in total. Can be yours for $29.98 paypalled and shipped ConUS (other shipping options possible, require extra s/h). Essentially no tax and no s/h.

Should be faster than USB2.0, so if you have a laptop with PCMCIA (aka PC card) slot and use Compact Flash cards - very nice piece of hardware...
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Should be faster than USB2.0, so if you have a laptop with PCMCIA (aka PC card) slot and use Compact Flash cards - very nice piece of hardware...

Yes, I can vouch that the 32-bit cardbus adapters are very fast indeed. I remember I went from hours (well maybe like 1 hour) down to minutes (maybe 4 minutes) headscratch.gif transferring a full 12GB card, compared to my old 16-bit PC card adapter.

Anyway, somebody buy Nikolai's adapter so I can put mine up for sale... I just got a new laptop with an expresscard slot so I can't use my Lexar cardbus adapter any more...
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    BeachBill wrote:
    Yes, I can vouch that the 32-bit cardbus adapters are very fast indeed. I remember I went from hours (well maybe like 1 hour) down to minutes (maybe 4 minutes) headscratch.gif transferring a full 12GB card, compared to my old 16-bit PC card adapter.

Anyway, somebody buy Nikolai's adapter so I can put mine up for sale... I just got a new laptop with an expresscard slot so I can't use my Lexar cardbus adapter any more...

Bill, thanks!
    Mine's gone now, so you're good to go! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    bluebacknightbluebacknight Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 8, 2012
    32-BIT PCMCIA compact flash adapter
    Hello
    I want to buy a 32 bit pcmcia compact flash adapter.
    Maybe you can help me.
    Thanks in advance.