Here is my first attempt at an HDR image. CC Please?:dunno

520455295_QJrdP-M.png
Bryan Elliott
Nikon D3, D700, Nikkor 12-24 2.8 | 50 1.4 | 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8
my blog | my website

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Think it came out nice. Very natural looking. Composition nice too. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • bakerphotographybakerphotography Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Very nice! What did you use to process it if I might ask (application / number of exposures)

www.bakerphotography.net

Canon Shooter:ivar

Canon 1dMkII
    Canon 85mm 1.2
    580EX-II
    Canon 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM
    Gary Fong LSII
    AB800 / AB400
    Calumet Genesis 250
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    This image has a lot of potential but looks a little flat and washed out. I always find that tonemapped HDR's can benefit from a little tweaking in PS. I took the liberty of sharpening it a little using high pass filter, then adding a bit more contrast with a brightness/contrast adjustment layer (hope you don't mind). Took about 30 seconds. If it was mine I'd have spent more time on it but just wanted to give you some ideas to play with.

549001295_o4Cdz-L.png

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • zoinkzzoinkz Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Very nice! What did you use to process it if I might ask (application / number of exposures)

I used PhotoMatrix Pro with 3 exposures. My image was straight out of Photo Matrix. As you can see Jack'll really tweaked it up and made it look a lot better.

Thanks for the Tips I will give that a try for myself. I really appreciate your time Jack'll.

Bryan
    Bryan Elliott
    my blog | my website
    edited May 29, 2009
    zoinkz wrote:
    I used PhotoMatrix Pro with 3 exposures. My image was straight out of Photo Matrix. As you can see Jack'll really tweaked it up and made it look a lot better.

Thanks for the Tips I will give that a try for myself. I really appreciate your time Jack'll.

Bryan

Hi Bryan
    I use PMP also to create the HDR image and to tone map it. But I always find the result can be improved by mucking around with it a bit in Photoshop. Which tone map technique did you use? Tone Compressor or Detail Enhancer? I usually find that Tone Comp. gives a more natural result.

Jack
  • zoinkzzoinkz Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Ok to be honest I am not sure. I am going to try a couple more this week end I will pay attention. Last time I just followed the prompts and did what it ask me to do.
    Bryan Elliott
    my blog | my website
    edited May 30, 2009
    zoinkz wrote:
    Ok to be honest I am not sure. I am going to try a couple more this week end I will pay attention. Last time I just followed the prompts and did what it ask me to do.

I found it helpful to download and print out the user manual from the help menu in PMP. It explains what all the sliders do. Keep at it. My first attempts were not very good.

Jack