Options

Dances

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited June 2, 2009 in Weddings

Comments

• Options
    JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Looks like it was a good time. #2...it looks like the guys in the back weren't to sure what to think. lol

Love the lighting.
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Great pictures! My favs: #2, #5, #3 (in that order)

The expressions are priceless; nice job!

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Love the conversions!!! clap.gif Love the light and expressions and the crispness. Just lovely!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Very nice photos! #2 is a keeper, love it iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2009
    Looks like it was a good time. #2...it looks like the guys in the back weren't to sure what to think. lol

Love the lighting.

Thanks Julie-

Im not sure anyone...including myself knew what to think....but I managed to think quick enough to fire a few shots of them off before they realized how comical they looked.

Thanks for commenting...and that new avitar thumbnail looks great!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Great pictures! My favs: #2, #5, #3 (in that order)

The expressions are priceless; nice job!

- Wil

Thanks Wil....and welcome to Dgrin!!!:D
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    Love the conversions!!! clap.gif Love the light and expressions and the crispness. Just lovely!

Thanks Elaine-

I am pretty close to figuring out HOW to get a great BW conversion in Lightroom. Maybe....just maybe Ill also figure out how to share the presets once I get it nailed down.

How goes it with the STE2? These were all captured with an STE2 and a pair of flashes.....one stand mounted and the other on a hand held (by me) monopod....except the tiny dancer (last one). She was lit only with the light on the stick.

You can do that!mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Very nice photos! #2 is a keeper, love it iloveyou.gif

Thanks Agnieszka

...and how about that watermark....Im still very pleased with how well you set me up on that!!!

Thanks for having a look!:D
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Thanks Elaine-

I am pretty close to figuring out HOW to get a great BW conversion in Lightroom. Maybe....just maybe Ill also figure out how to share the presets once I get it nailed down.

How goes it with the STE2? These were all captured with an STE2 and a pair of flashes.....one stand mounted and the other on a hand held (by me) monopod....except the tiny dancer (last one). She was lit only with the light on the stick.

You can do that!mwink.gif

I would love to know what you're doing for conversions like this, and if you get a preset ready that you're willing/able to share, I'm first in line!

I haven't had a chance to really play with the ste2 yet...hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the vote of confidence!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    How'd I miss this thread?!

I really love #1 - if ever there's a shot that catches a bride's joy, that one's it! She's truly radiant.

Beautiful as always! (and add me to the list of folks who would LOVE a preset of your processing - yes please!)
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    How'd I miss this thread?!

I really love #1 - if ever there's a shot that catches a bride's joy, that one's it! She's truly radiant.

Beautiful as always! (and add me to the list of folks who would LOVE a preset of your processing - yes please!)

Thanks Diva...they were a fun couple to work with. Their E-session has actually sold me another wedding with a couple who fell in love with those e-photos. Add to that, the future bride...of this new couple...was at this reception with her own DSLR captuing fun moments. She asked me how in the world I managed great photos in this "cave of a room?". I laughed because the ambient here really wasnt that bad. I could even see my feet in there! I will be doing their e-session this weekend, and pray that I might shoot up to their expectations!eek7.gif