aww so sad....

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited May 31, 2009 in People
we took the guinea pig away because she doesn't quite know how to handle small animals yet....she wasn't very happy about it!

548584536_WJFFs-L.jpg

Comments

• Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Gorgeous! I love the composition with the wood framing her face, and great B&W conversion. If I had to nitpick, it could do without the stray hairs, but then I'm guessing your model wasn't really up to that level of cooperation at the moment... ;)
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    lol, i know, sucks about the hairs...but yeah at almost 3 yrs I have to catch the shots when I can catch them.
    Thanks! :D
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    Nice pic!

Can I have the Guinea Pig? :D
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    D'Buggs wrote:
    Nice pic!

Can I have the Guinea Pig? :D

thumb.gifWay cool. I give you two thumbs up. thumb.gif

This is one very nice image. Great conversion/post processing. I think you've hit the color just right. So many black and white conversions aren't really well done...and this one is...good work.

I'd work on removing the tiny hairs that are in her right eye and the one that crosses just to the right of the left eye...and that is about it.

Trust me, this is the money shot.

Did you use off camera flash or a reflector? It looks like I can see a very faint hint of reflection in her right eye.

Thanks for sharing...

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    edited May 29, 2009
    D'Buggs- Thanks! If it were mine i'd say absolutely :D ...it's actually my aunts, we were over there for the weekend and the guinea pig was keeping my daughter entertained while we worked in the yard. Then we heard a loud squeal and at that point we thought it wasn't such a good idea to leave her alone with it!

Ed- Thank you for your comments! And nope, no flash or anything. I just bought my first off camera flash a few days ago (after this was taken) and don't have a reflector yet. Not sure where the reflections came from... Maybe the concrete below? she was on a deck staircase about halfway up.

I will attempt the hair cloning but I gotta tell ya, I'm still sort of a newbie at this and hair strand cloning on the eyes?? Seems like a tough task. I will work on it though because they bother me too, wish me luck!
  • SpydawebbSpydawebb Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    This is just simply a wonderful shot! I love it.
  • lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    great shot
    Gorgeous shot of a beautiful little girl. I love the composition and texture of the wood, too.
    Lisa
    My Website
  • 1downfall1downfall Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Gorgeous shot of a beautiful little girl. I love the composition and texture of the wood, too.
    agreed! This is quite a composition to me. The baby face with that kind of emotion against the dark grains of the wood really bring her out. I like this a lot.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Beautiful photograph wings.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited May 31, 2009
    Thank you all!
  • twodragonfliesphotographytwodragonfliesphotography Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    beautiful shot and perfect for b&w!! (though sorry about losing the guinnea pig :-( ).... i actually like the stray hairs because they are part of the real shot - to brush them away may have made the shot "too perfect"... awesome!