bald river falls

kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited June 5, 2009 in Landscapes
I was on a business trip down to the northern part of Georgia and left Louisville early to check out a set of falls just off the tellico river in the Cherokee National Forest. It was overcast raining off and on and it eased up just long enough as I arrived to get a couple of snapshots off, along with the pledge to come back down in a couple of weeks and spend time shooting these falls and several others in the immediate area.

C&C always appreciated. Kevin.

548604774_5qjty-L.jpg

548505979_FkPFf-L.jpg

548613863_BdXSV-L.jpg
kscott

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I don't know how I missed this one, but really lovely waterfalls. thumb.gif I love the first as it has a nice balance of simplicity and softness (of the water).

The second has just a smidge too much fg for my taste. Or if there was going to be that much, something that holds a little more interest. Leaves? :)
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    I completely agree with schmoo, the 2nd shot does have a bit too much FG. The 1st shot, however, is killer! I love your choice of shutter speed...not too slow and not too fast.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Nice. I'd like to see them in color. Agree about the second shot. Maybe it would have worked better in a horizontal format? ne_nau.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • kscottkscott Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    thank you Schmoo, Mahesh, and Dan I didn't have much choice in images because i didn't spend much time. I will be going back this weekend to capture some additional images when the sun is at my back and not directly in my face just above the waterfall in the afternoon. I hope this will make some difference in at least the quality of the images...thanks for the suggestions on framing for the next set

Kevin.
    kscott
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Great shots. I love waterfalls and North Georgia is full of them. Some are pretty small but then you have very tall ones like Amicalola Falls. Check them out here. http://www.gastateparks.org/info/amicalola/. Next time you are down that way you will need to spend some time in North Central Ga around Blue Ridge, Helen, Hiwassee, Ellijay etc.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • vegasdesertfoxvegasdesertfox Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    Bald River Falls
    Howdy,
    My wife's from Telico Plains so seeing the Bald River Falls again is great! It just seems that everyone that I have talked to concerning photographing that fall is it always seems done on a rainy day. Thanks for sharing your photos of the the falls. We live in Las Vegas and don't get back there that often. I have never seen that fall on a sunny day so it must be grand. Thanks for sharing!
    Dusty Trails Between Weather Fronts, VDF
    Got Tent Will Camp(WJ)
    http://vegasdesertfox.smumug.com