My second post and first entry for CH40

Bandit959Bandit959 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited June 13, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey Folks;
I'm transitioning from a digital point and shoot to a digital SLR and a friend was kind enough to let me borrow his this weekend. So I decided to try my hand at the "Danger Theme". I came up with this piece I call "Echos"

IMG_9834copy.jpg

I was attempting to come up with a way that the flintlock could potentially be lit while on display at a museum. I'm still not happy with it, but I learned a lot about that camera in the process! :D

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

I'm not sure how to pull the EXIF so that it's legible just yet (I keep getting this XMP stuff), so I'll offer the screen shot.

EXIF.jpg

Comments

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    The gun looks great and the lighting and colors are very nice but I don't get the sense of "dangerous" from the shot.

Erich
  • Bandit959Bandit959 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    erich6 wrote:
    The gun looks great and the lighting and colors are very nice but I don't get the sense of "dangerous" from the shot.

Erich
    Thanks for the comment. My thought was to use the lighting to imply dangerous parts of the gun and that it was once considered very dangerous. Guess it didn't work. ne_nau.gif
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    Hi Bandit,
    It is a nice shot. If you've ever seen a flintlock go off, and it looks like you have from your treatment, you know there is flash from the lock and muzzle which you show well in your photo. I like it, but I have to agree with Erich in that I don't feel any danger.

Good Luck,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister