548828077_vewsH-L.jpg

#5: IMG_7637.jpg

548828445_nihdD-XL.jpg

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Hi Jessica! I see you've found the light Nik provided :D I like the pose in #2 Nik. Would be fun to see some more mwink.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Hi Jessica! I see you've found the light Nik provided :D I like the pose in #2 Nik. Would be fun to see some more mwink.gif
    Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Thanks David! thumb.gif
    Here's another version fo #2, per your desire: mwink.gif

548828241_BvSNK-XL.jpg

Enjoy!
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Here's my armchair critique. And yes, I recognize it can be a LOT easier to make suggestions after a shoot than to actually implement the ideas during a shoot :D

#1 her chin seems too far down, not sure if it's the most flattering angle for this model

#2 very minor, but there's a little bit of spill from your rim light on her nose, which draws my eye to her nose. Wouldn't normally care about this but her nose may not be what you want to highlight for this particular model.

#3 really nice shot-- maybe a bit darker eye makeup and lips would help though?

#5 what a body! She looks great in that dress so I hope you shot more in that outfit mwink.gif But I'm not crazy about the background or font you used here, Nik. It looks kind of amateur. But the lighting is great!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    dogwood wrote:
    Here's my armchair critique. And yes, I recognize it can be a LOT easier to make suggestions after a shoot than to actually implement the ideas during a shoot :D

#1 her chin seems too far down, not sure if it's the most flattering angle for this model

#2 very minor, but there's a little bit of spill from your rim light on her nose, which draws my eye to her nose. Wouldn't normally care about this but her nose may not be what you want to highlight for this particular model.

#3 really nice shot-- maybe a bit darker eye makeup and lips would help though?

#5 what a body! She looks great in that dress so I hope you shot more in that outfit mwink.gif But I'm not crazy about the background or font you used here, Nik. It looks kind of amateur. But the lighting is great!

Pete,
    thank you very much, appreciate the nits! thumb.gif

The whole thing was kinda make-shift (I don't normally do headshots these days:-), so I had to work with what I got.

And since she's obviously an amateur, I thought an amaterish type would suit her:-)

Cheers! 1drink.gif