Yosemite: Siesta Lake

Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
edited May 29, 2009 in Landscapes
Since Tioga Pass opened last week, I went up for the day. This was my first solo outing since my surgeries a few years ago, so it was nice to be back. There's still a few feet of snow, so I'll probably take the kids next week.

_MG_8732.jpg
5D, 17-40 f/4L, ISO 100, 1/80, f/11

Comments

• philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Since Tioga Pass opened last week, I went up for the day. This was my first solo outing since my surgeries a few years ago, so it was nice to be back. There's still a few feet of snow, so I'll probably take the kids next week.

5D, 17-40 f/4L, ISO 100, 1/80, f/11

Nice. I would of like to have seen more foreground interest.
    So how you moving? You said this was a solo trip. Does that mean your moving without any mechanical assistance?
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Nice. I would of like to have seen more foreground interest.
    So how you moving? You said this was a solo trip. Does that mean your moving without any mechanical assistance?
    -Philip

Other than the grass in the water, that IS the foreground! There's so much water there right now, I was just happy to get there. rolleyes1.gif

Yep, the wheelchair is gone and I now use a cane, or in this case my tripod. rolleyes1.gif I can't bend my knees anymore (that's why I walk like a Penguin now), so mobility is still an issue, but I can do most everything now...it just takes a bit longer though. thumb.gif

I've got about 10 new photos and I'll post them later. Stay tune...:D
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Other than the grass in the water, that IS the foreground!

If that's the case, I'd suggest using a polarizer and getting your camera down lower with a wider lens. That way you'd be able to see the grass under water for some foreground interest. There's really not much to see in the sky in this image either. I realize this is what you had to work with but as it is, just sort of looks like a snap.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Beautiful Reflection in the water! I think I would try to crop it just under the reflected tree top on the right to give less foreground? Regardless, a beautiful image.thumb.gif
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback.

dogwood - Don't own a CP and I shot this @ 17mm. I agree, that's what I had and thanks for being honest about the 'snap' thing. bowdown.gif

Eia - Good suggestion.

I'll probably be back next week, so we'll see how it goes.... :D