Puffer Butte

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited May 29, 2009 in Landscapes
There is a LOT of time between sunrise and sunset these days, and I can only nap so long. So on my trip to Eastern Washington I spent some time exploring during the day, one of the places was Puffer Butte at Field Springs State Park in southeast Washington (didn't have much time as I planned to go to Palouse Falls for sunset shortly after).

This would be great place for a sunrise shot in a few weeks when some more of the wildflowers are in bloom.

Anyway, figured I'd post these even if they weren't taken at peak time as it's not an area that has a lot of photographs (probably because of its remote location, definitely not because of lack of scenery).

#1:

546246907_4UHdx-L.jpg

#2:

546254758_M6yKV-L.jpg

#3:

546256659_6mVyY-L.jpg

Comments

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Really pretty stuff!
    You're right about this location having a lot of potential. I think I might just have to check it out next time I'm over there.
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    Hmmm, I think these are prime candidates for black and white. mwink.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    Really pretty stuff!
    You're right about this location having a lot of potential. I think I might just have to check it out next time I'm over there.

Yep! It was hard to find in the middle of the day - the trail sign is confusing - and it's about 1.5-2 miles on the trail before it opens up to the grand views. I was pretty stoked to see some of the same wildflowers that I'm used to seeing on Rainier 3 months later.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2009
    bryanj87 wrote:
    Hmmm, I think these are prime candidates for black and white. mwink.gif

Good call, I haven't done any B&W forever, and since the colors aren't great here, but there's enough texture in the foreground and sky, I think B&W could work.

If I don't do B&W, I'll definitely go back and get this place in it's full colorful glory at sunrise (or possibly sunset).