Options

Some Sunday Soccer Shots

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited June 14, 2005 in Sports
My son was never in the right place today, so i took some of the other kids from the team during play. The parents think im good at this...... If they only knew the truth...

troy

24773694-M.jpg

24783163-M.jpg
24806168-M.jpg

24810339-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    stop with the modesty. you *are* good at it.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    Wow Look at Those Facial Expressions
    windoze wrote:
    My son was never in the right place today, so i took some of the other kids from the team during play. The parents think im good at this...... If they only knew the truth...

troy
    Hi Troy............I love the looks on their faces, they take their game seriously too by the looks of those images.
    You are very good at this type of photography thumb.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif Great shots. I especially like #3. Nice jersey-tug/pushoff action going on.
    Chris
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    Ok, Troy....
    Looks like Andy already let the cat out of the bag....so enough 'false humility' umph.gif:D

Very nice work here imo. The exposure, color, and contrast are spot on. Nice bright faces, excellent capture of the emotion and intensity of the competition, and you got the *ball* thumb.gif

Just one small suggestion on shot number 1; I would crop it down to cut out as much of the car in the background as possible. Even if it means cutting the ref in half or loosing part of the player on the far left. As it is now, the fencing and car are too distracting from an otherwise great shot.

I see no problems worth worrying about in the next three shots-good job. It's ashame when our kids are not really in position or they don't play up to their normal potential. That happens to me quite a bit. In fact, I spent about three hours yesterday afternoon shooting my nephew's baseball game. He was way off of his normal performance. It was a double header, and we found out that after we left he played one of his best games all season. Mr. Murphy's law I guess.... ne_nau.gif

Great job on the pics thumb.gif
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 13, 2005
    Good work Troy thumb.gifthumb.gif If the other parents like em, sell them some clap.gif

I agree with what everyone has already posted. Nice action, sharp and colorful with lots of great facial expressions. Other than the aforementioned truck in the 1st shot, not much I'd change or recommend changing.

I think you can make some nice "next lens" cash with these. Go for it!! clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2005
    All good - this one especially is great. Just look at the expressions!
    windoze wrote:
    24806168-S.jpg