Old Ship -- IR

tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
edited June 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
One way to learn from a master is to mimic his/her work. The shot below is an attempt to replicate this great shot by Panther, although mine is way too busy with ropes and masts. I wonder how I should frame it better. Suggestions?

549670933_yicaE-XL.jpg

Comments

• Travism82Travism82 Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    That's a great shot, they've done a lot of work on her. When I was there last April, she had no masts and no rigging. A great shot, I would love to get an IR camera and what better shooting location then San Fran.
    Equipment: Canon 40D and Powershot SD750. Lenses: 18-55mm, 28-135mm and 70-300mm.

Smugmug Account: http://travism.smugmug.com
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    Travism82 wrote:
    That's a great shot, they've done a lot of work on her. When I was there last April, she had no masts and no rigging. A great shot, I would love to get an IR camera and what better shooting location then San Fran.

Thank you.
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    The composition looks fine. Like the light flare on lower right.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    oh nice! I like the black and white section on the top.. I see it as the old and the new, I guess.
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    One way to learn from a master is to mimic his/her work. The shot below is an attempt to replicate this great shot by Panther, although mine is way too busy with ropes and masts. I wonder how I should frame it better. Suggestions?

Your very creative with your IR conversions Tisun clap.gifclap.gif

Excellent result, Craig (Panther) would be most impressed I'm sure thumb.gif

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2009
    Howdy Anthony,

Neat shot, looks like a wonderful photo opportunity.

This image really has a lot going for it and might be looked at being cropped to make 3-4 interesting shots.

The more I look at this one the more it grows on me, really a lot of very interesting Subjects and nice details.

Looking forward to seeing what you shoot next.

Have a great weekend, Take care,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited June 8, 2009
    Cuong wrote:
    The composition looks fine. Like the light flare on lower right.

Cuong
    thumb.gif
    edited June 8, 2009
    Bayer-Z28 wrote:
    oh nice! I like the black and white section on the top.. I see it as the old and the new, I guess.
    Thank you.
    edited June 8, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Your very creative with your IR conversions Tisun clap.gifclap.gif

Excellent result, Craig (Panther) would be most impressed I'm sure thumb.gif

.... Skippy :D
    :D
    edited June 8, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Anthony,

Neat shot, looks like a wonderful photo opportunity.

This image really has a lot going for it and might be looked at being cropped to make 3-4 interesting shots.

The more I look at this one the more it grows on me, really a lot of very interesting Subjects and nice details.

Looking forward to seeing what you shoot next.

Have a great weekend, Take care,

Craig
    Thank you, Craig. Here are a couple of different crops you've recommended and I like quite a bit. Once cropping this much, I really have to pay attention to the horizon, which is not easy to find. It's actually between the bridge and the pier in the background.

557011346_9hLjv-L.jpg

557179327_mmgwE-L.jpg