Looking at used DRebels on ebay...

DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
edited June 13, 2005 in Cameras
Found a few that seem in good condition and come with the kit lens. One in particular only has 1400 shots on it as the guy upgraded to the XT.

Are there any questions I should ask while the auction is still going?

Whats the most I should spend???

I've seen a few jump over 700$ for used w/kit lens and a memory card.. which is somewhat stupid I think as you can get brand new in box with kit lens for around 630$ and without lens for 590$ I'd like to spend no more than 450-500... but not sure if thats possible with all the people that jump in last minute with insanely high bids.

Would I be better off finding a deeply discounted new in opened box or store demo somewhere?? or just spending the extra money for a new one??
Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos

Comments

• deckedadeckeda Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    Dani wrote:
    I've seen a few jump over 700$ for used w/kit lens and a memory card.. which is somewhat stupid I think as you can get brand new in box with kit lens for around 630$ and without lens for 590$ I'd like to spend no more than 450-500... but not sure if thats possible with all the people that jump in last minute with insanely high bids.

Hmm, I didn't know they were that inexpensive now. In my experience, eBay can be a good deal on older stuff no one else wants but YOU do. Buying current (or near-current) items usually results in a "why bother?" from me ...

If a new one is less than $100, buy new.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2005
    Dani wrote:
    Found a few that seem in good condition and come with the kit lens. One in particular only has 1400 shots on it as the guy upgraded to the XT.

Are there any questions I should ask while the auction is still going?

Whats the most I should spend???

Would I be better off finding a deeply discounted new in opened box or store demo somewhere?? or just spending the extra money for a new one??

put a wtb on the dgrin b&s forum :D i'd say that $400 to $450 is a fair price to pay for the body only... with kit lens, add maybe $50 bucks.