need thoughts on changing flashes

dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited June 1, 2009 in Cameras
Hello
I photograph with a Nikon D200 and use a pro bracket and have a SB-800
bought the SB-900 and did not like it at all- returned it
now i would like to know what flash system do you use and which one do you think is the best
any thoughts
thanks
dboras

Comments

• helfrezhelfrez Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    dboras wrote:
    Hello
    I photograph with a Nikon D200 and use a pro bracket and have a SB-800
    bought the SB-900 and did not like it at all- returned it
    now i would like to know what flash system do you use and which one do you think is the best
    any thoughts
    thanks
    dboras

Big question is what DONT you like about the SB-900. With that info, some others may be able to chip in. I have a 900 and I love it, but it's not a set and forget kinda flash. To get the most from it you have to RTFM....(which is kinda sad for a flash lol)

I don't have any real need to blanket a football field with light, so right now I shoot with the 900 and regular slaves. I intend to ass 3x SB600s to the mix and go with a all CLS setup. I think anyone looking to rebuild lighting nowadays, should take a serious look at wireless setups. I know a nice powerpack and pro lights is great, but it's hard to beat the portability/flexibility or wireless systems. Just my take on the matter. i am sure plenty will disagree!
  • jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    I agree, just add a few SB600's to your mix and you'll have a great portable easy-to-setup and easy-to-control flash setup.
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist