Options

Instant notifications has stopped

NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
edited June 30, 2009 in Dgrin Forum Support
I thought things were a bit quiet, and when I checked I found my instant notification selection was removed, and it doesn't seem to stick when I reselect?
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited May 30, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    I thought things were a bit quiet, and when I checked I found my instant notification selection was removed, and it doesn't seem to stick when I reselect?

Hmmm...it looks like you are set up correctly to receive instant notification. There's either a Dgrin bug or your email provider may think the notifications are spam. Check your spam folder if you have one. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Hmmm...it looks like you are set up correctly to receive instant notification. There's either a Dgrin bug or your email provider may think the notifications are spam. Check your spam folder if you have one. ne_nau.gif

Thanks R... yeah I don't know what happened but all my ticks had disappeared. Anyhow, I did 'em again, and there's some notifications coming again.

Tell me, can I only check for instant notification threads on the first page of my list of subscribed threads? Seems when I navigate to another page the ticks on the first page are wiped!?

• Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Tell me, can I only check for instant notification threads on the first page of my list of subscribed threads? Seems when I navigate to another page the ticks on the first page are wiped!?

I have never messed around with those check boxes, so I'm not exactly sure how they work. I get instant notification by default, which I set up in the You->Settings and Options control panel. When I look at My Subscribed Threads, the boxes are not checked, but I still get notifications. It looks those boxes can be used to override the default you have chosen, but only in combination with the dropdown box at the bottom, which lets you perform a variety of actions on the threads you have selected.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Well, I dunno! I was going to dGrin and finding replies to threads I subscribed to but didn't get emails about???!

• Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Well, I dunno! I was going to dGrin and finding replies to threads I subscribed to but didn't get emails about???!

I don't know either, Neil. One other thing to keep in mind is that you only get a notification for the first reply in a given thread, not the subsequent ones. Maybe you just pissed off the digital deities lol3.gif.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Man, it musta been accidental cause I don't waste my time with deities either way. eek7.gif:Drolleyes1.gif

• Options
    J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    I'm also not getting email notifications
    Same here, my email notifications no longer work. I haven't changed any settings in a long time and for some reason I just stopped getting notified.

Nothing in SPAM folder. All is checked in my settings/profile to receive them and my default is also set to receive the notifications.

I have two different posts in the last weekend and I never received any initial notifications on either one.

Any idea? Am I overlooking something?

Me email provider is sbcglobal / att / yahoo if that helps.

Thanks
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    Bump
    J.T. wrote:
    Same here, my email notifications no longer work. I haven't changed any settings in a long time and for some reason I just stopped getting notified.

Nothing in SPAM folder. All is checked in my settings/profile to receive them and my default is also set to receive the notifications.

I have two different posts in the last weekend and I never received any initial notifications on either one.

Any idea? Am I overlooking something?

Me email provider is sbcglobal / att / yahoo if that helps.

Thanks

bump...
    John "J.T."

Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 30, 2009
    Test!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    20090630-fc6x3372arupphd29ge91xwa5h.jpg

It's working here. What is the email domain you are on?
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    not working on my end
    Andy,

I use "sbcglobal.net" by AT&T/Yahoo. I don't know what happened but I just stopped getting the email notifications a few months back. No changes done on my end.

I checked my spam/blocked email addresses folder with AT&T just now and everything is fine, nothing blocked from dgrin or such.

Is this an isolated issue with me or could it be an issue with other users with AT&T / sbcglobal / yahoo.com?

Thanks for looking into it.
    John "J.T."

Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

SB 600

• Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    J.T. wrote:
    Andy,

I use "sbcglobal.net" by AT&T/Yahoo. I don't know what happened but I just stopped getting the email notifications a few months back. No changes done on my end.

I checked my spam/blocked email addresses folder with AT&T just now and everything is fine, nothing blocked from dgrin or such.

Is this an isolated issue with me or could it be an issue with other users with AT&T / sbcglobal / yahoo.com?

Thanks for looking into it.
    They are blocking your mail from Dgrin is what I think. I don't know why, ask them?
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    one more thing
    Andy wrote:
    They are blocking your mail from Dgrin is what I think. I don't know why, ask them?

On another note, I also now remember that I didn't receive an email notification about a comment someone left me on a photo in one of my smug galleries.

Could AT&T also be blocking notifications from smugmug too? headscratch.gif
    John "J.T."

Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

SB 600

• Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    J.T. wrote:
    On another note, I also now remember that I didn't receive an email notification about a comment someone left me on a photo in one of my smug galleries.

Could AT&T also be blocking notifications from smugmug too? headscratch.gif
    Please contact your ISP and check, okay? We've no other complaints from ATT users presently.