Finally Finished; Just Need Help Narrowing it DOWN....

KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited May 31, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok.. This challenge has been just that... a challenge.. This is my third shoot and just as I was about to give in, it finally came through... I only have one with black light.. the rest are from my shadow shoot.. The black light produced too much contrast and was difficult to work with, so I switched gears and here they are.. I know there are ""a lot"" of them, but I could not make up my mind and the locals here at home are not help.. so I need you guys to "scrutinize" these for me and narrow it down for me if you would please...... ???

Black Light Caviar

550264238_mChUs-L.jpg

HOLD THE LIGHT

550264690_Aazgk-L.jpg

CANDLE STICK HOLDER

550264425_bG2DQ-L.jpg

LIGHT LIFTER

550264531_6VLTZ-L.jpg

SHADOW CASTER

550264773_ydvMt-L.jpg

OBSERVE

550268951_iQk7X-L.jpg

=====================================
AND FINALLY LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THIS IS ALL FROM THE SAME SET BUT WITH DIFFERENT PROCESSES APPLIED, HERE THEY ARE, THERE ARE 3 OF THEM...

===============

SUN BURN

550283326_SWc8K-L.jpg

==================

HALF BAKED

550283479_wV7no-L.jpg

===================================

MIRAGE

550268868_dZRKC-L.jpg

============================
============================

I KNOW IT IS A LOT.. BUT I DID NOT HAVE A SUCCESSFUL SHOOT UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE, SO I DID NOT HAVE TIME TO GET THEM UP HERE SLOWLY.. SO ALL AT ONCE.. PLEASE HELP ME NARROW IT DOWN.. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AS ALWAYS... EVERYTHING HERE IS MODIFIED BY CANDLE AND REFLECTORS AND LIGHTS.. EXCEPT THE CAVIAR ONE, THAT IS BLACK LIGHT AND FLOURESCENT PAPER TUBES AND LIGHT..

THANKS
KAT

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited May 30, 2009
    Well now youve gone and done it Kat! You have to make a very big decision on which one your going to enter. They all look great!thumb.gif 1 and 4 make it to the top of my list on this post.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    headscratch.gif The "man" shots are OK, but for this challenge I really like the black light work you've shown us thus far. No one's done anything like it and it' s got a lot of WOW factor, IMO. thumb.gif

The ideas behind the man shots are creative. The one with the candle is the best of the lot, but I prefer your black light shots. The man shots with the light bulbs would be more effective if the bulbs were lit. ne_nau.gif

As appealing as the black caviar shot is, my favorites still are your shell shots. The way the orange background contrasts with the shell is stunning. If I were going to hang any of these on my wall, it would be one of them. deal.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    i liked everyone of them....

:hide
    Aaron Nelson
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    Like #1 except for the distracting green in the upper right corner.

Of the men, I kind of like Light Caster and Observe.

The last few with the filters don't do anything for me at all. HTH
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    wow guys... thanks for the quick response.. listen.. I have a ton of the black light work too, I just assumed everyone would not like the high contrast and bright colors.. because I have noticed that high contrast gets knocked on here alot..
    I have tons of bright colorful prism type and glass work..too.. everything from glass whales to dragons on ice.. so lets see if anyone else chimes in and if everyone thinks that these men shots are not strong enough I will post the others in a separate post.. thanks for the comments on the shells Linda..

so.. I appreciate the honesty... always.. I need your help..

thanks Kat
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    MarkR wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif Wow! The caviar is amazing. I can see what Mark is saying about the green at the top right, but to me it kind of brings the rest of the green together. But that's just me. I love it! Bravo. Just like the Kat! Save the best til last! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Oh...ok...to choose...ok...#1!
    edited May 30, 2009
    MarkR wrote:

nothin? lol hehehe..

not even a little somthin?

on the green Mark.. I left that there because I was trying to hint that it was all manipulation of light and color reflection to get the color and not photoshop.. I guess it does distract though huh? ya gotta admit the guy shots are all full blown literal light manipulation here.. the old fashion way that is...?

Kat
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    I agree. I'd go with #1 and clone out the green in the top corner. Nice work Kat!
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    Of these, #1. But I'm with Linda - I really like the shell shots too!

You have put SO much work into this - what a trooper!!
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    My favorites are still the black light shots.
    I like the shells, but also like this one (the green in the corner does need to go though).
    The men are ok, but don't grab me. But I am one that likes the in your face brightness of it.... or maybe it's because I am so darn old I have a fond memory of my blacklight posters.
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    or maybe it's because I am so darn old I have a fond memory of my blacklight posters.

Hey! You're not the only one.

And I agree as I said above...the green brings it together.
    edited May 30, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Wow! The caviar is amazing. I can see what Mark is saying about the green at the top right, but to me it kind of brings the rest of the green together. But that's just me. I love it! Bravo. Just like the Kat! Save the best til last! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Oh...ok...to choose...ok...#1!

Thanks Brian.. looks like another vote for the blacklight special.... I am going to go ahead and post some of the black light work then to see what you guys think of that.. I will try to get it all up withing the hour..

thanks
    Kat
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    Hi Kat,

Of the ones you posted, I like "HOLD THE LIGHT" the best. It is a very creative way of looking at the theme.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

edited May 30, 2009
    Thanks Aaron, Kevin, Diva and Donna..... wow.. I totally thought you guys would swing the other direction.. boy was I wrong!.. ..ok I will go and upload all of the black light stuff, plus the select shells for Linda and Diva and see what you guys think of that..

you all are awesome for helping me out.. thank you.......bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    edited May 30, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Well now youve gone and done it Kat! You have to make a very big decision on which one your going to enter. They all look great!thumb.gif 1 and 4 make it to the top of my list on this post.

cool a vote for #4 thanks Jag...
    edited May 30, 2009
    Hi Kat,

Of the ones you posted, I like "HOLD THE LIGHT" the best. It is a very creative way of looking at the theme.

Thanks Allen..

this is the one that my husband liked too... out of all of them.. so I will post the black light stuff and I think I will keep this one on the list.. I favor it too.. and it took a lot of work.. I need to at least keep one or two of the shadow shots in the final running.. cool that you see where I was coming from in this one creatively..thumb.gif

Thanks

Kat
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    I like the shells best. After them, the caviar.

But I must say that they are all good.

Excellent work.

Virginia

Email
    edited May 30, 2009
    Thanks Virginia.. Will get the shells back up for review..

Kat
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    Just go with your gut, Kat. biggrinbounce2.gif

You've done some beautiful work on those black light shots. Don't worry about what someone thought about high contrast photos in the past. This is now. mwink.gif All of the black light specials you've shown us so far have been tastefully done. And, you've definitely "modified the light".
    edited May 30, 2009
    Thanks Linda..

I just posted the black light thread,, be sure to check it out.. all of the black light work is on there... :)

Kat
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Wow, these are all great. Extremely creative and well executed!

You're not going to get me to pick a favorite :D
    edited May 31, 2009
    Thanks Ron.. I really do appreciate the comment... Looks like the blacklight stuff is winning over though....

Kat
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Lightlifter, shadow caster, sunburn are all good
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section