Speaking of reflectors...

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited June 1, 2009 in People
Julie's thread inspired me to go out during golden hour and play around with the gold side of my reflector. Yeah, this is a "mom shot", but the light WAS very cool :D Shot w/my 85mm. I couldn't step back any further or I'd have fallen off the porch... :rofl

550367464_CiVH3-L.jpg

Comments

• JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2009
    Oooh I like it! I love how the light just brightens her face just nicely. :) Gosh I love new toys. Laughing.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Oooh purdy. (And there is that cat headband again! She just loves that thing huh!)
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Oooh purdy. (And there is that cat headband again! She just loves that thing huh!)

The kitty ears have been permanently attached to her head since 2nd grade (they were part of her Halloween costume that year and she just kept wearing them).

However, because I am a Mean Mommy who lives in dread of her having to live it down all the way through high school, I have told her that she MUST retire them this summer and start middle school next year cat-ears free.

The funny part is she thinks I hate them. In fact, I will MISS these kitty-ears days once she's "too old" for it - I'm all-too-aware that my "baby" is SERIOUSLY growing up and losing that last glimpse of "sweet little girl" is going to be as hard on mom as it is on her!! (True confession: it's one of the reasons I keep taking these sneaky pictures of her- I want lots of the REAL kid for posterity as well as the cleaned up Special Occasions version :D)
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    This is a WOW shot! One that will be treasured!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    This is a WOW shot! One that will be treasured!

Scott! Good to see you posting. ANd thanks for the comment! I'm really just in love with the quality of reflected light at the moment. I just wish I had longer arms so I could always use it... rolleyes1.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Scott! Good to see you posting. ANd thanks for the comment! I'm really just in love with the quality of reflected light at the moment. I just wish I had longer arms so I could always use it... rolleyes1.gif
    I'm back from vacation.

As for the longer arms .... You need one of those self-powered, voice-activated, carbon-based lightstands I've been hearing so much about. Never heard of one of those? It's also commonly referred to as an assistant!:lol rolleyes1.gifmwink.gif